Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold

Cold

Is it cold where you are and is the wind is still blowing? When I got up this AM it was -18F here in Northern Michigan? With wind chill I would guess at least -28.

Blog Entries
    -11 here in southern Michigan! Could be worse..we don't have 80" of snow!

Only 5 here near Lexington KY but we're supposed to have a winter storm move in tomorrow, they're calling, so far for 6-12 inches. i have a quit to quilt & finish, a couple f needlework projects, food, etc. I'm good I think to staying for a few days. i plan not to go anywhere.
    Cathy S/Willowwind

Power Poster
    C-c-c-cold here in Ontario too!

2 above here with a wind chill of about 25 below. brrrr don't have much snow thou.

Currently 11 degrees here with a wind chill of -10! Yikes!

Blog Entries
    Yep -30 here in the U.P. of Michigan

-5 near Toledo, Ohio "Baby it is cold outside"
    Dyan

its 26 here in Kershaw.sc.
    ​DEBRA

It is cold here these days. Yesterday it was minus 30 with a windchill of minus 40. Today it is a balmy minus 20. 'But it is a dry cold'

If it is bright and sunny, I can cope!

This morning was .4 I guess which is 0. Had about a foot of snow yesterday. Way too much snow. I have a contractor coming tomorrow to shovel off the roof and remove the ice dam. Am getting water damage in The house. I would like to sit down and cry, just don't have time.
    Marilyn

HOPE all of you are staying warm. It is going to be a toasty 83 degrees in Southern California. We did get Las Vegas' snow on December 31st. Never saw snow here before.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

I really feel for you with the extreme cold -- I would guess that you learn to adapt -- we are very south in comparison to you, se TX, and have had a mild winter so far but winter isn't over yet --our temps for the week will jump back and forth with highs in the 70s during the day and lows in the 30s/40s at night, weather for short sleeves and maybe a sweater during the day -- keep warm
    diane

Quote Originally Posted by just joan View Post
    Is it cold where you are and is the wind is still blowing? When I got up this AM it was -18F here in Northern Michigan? With wind chill I would guess at least -28.
    Same thing happening over here on East coast. We have not seen these temperatures in 21 yrs. I'm trying to clear my driveway, but I can only take the wind/temp for about 15 min. at a time.

It is -9 here in Ontario Canada.....brrrrrrrrr
    Besides my family, my pets are the most important things to me. I have had birds, a dog or cats since I was about 8 years old. The cruelest thing you can do to me is take my animals away.

It's 0 degrees here in eastern Iowa. I'm not sure what the wind chill is. All I know is that it's darn cold and it's Sunday and I don't have to go anywhere. I plan to stay home where it is warm.

Blog Entries
    It was 6 degrees here this am Plenty of snow well enough for us it is supposed to snow more tomorrow. I sure feel sorry for all the folks having to deal with all the snow they are getting

Blog Entries
    Warm on the BC Coast. I had to do a conversion from 8 degrees Celsius is 48 degrees Fahrenheit We will be sunny around 55 all week.

It is actually too warm. All the ski hills have had to close due to lack of snow. There is no snow on the mountains, which means we will have water use restrictions next year. The rivers will be too low for the salmon to come upstream. Two years ago they had to truck the salmon up the river so they could spawn. Last year we finally got enough rain so they could swim upstream.
    Attending University. I will graduate a year after my son and year before my daughter.

I guess I shouldn't complain, but its only 37 in the am. It did warm up to 54. I had 3 sweatshirts on because of the wind. My cousin is in IA., and she said she would send me a jacket soon. LOL Its the wind down here that goes through me, but I'll stay in and cut fabric.
    Love to quilt and play with the great grandkids

Blog Entries
    As all you cold weather people are saying it is cold and it is building up for tonight. We are supposed to equal -40 below tonight with the wind that is whirl-a-gigging light fluffy snow north, south,east and west. There IS o protective side of trees buildings or snow banks. they are saying that Tues is going to be worse because the temperatures are to be at least 40 below without the wind. Never seen such a long stretch of cold and it is continuing at least til next week. We have not had a January thaw yet either. Guess we can be grateful we do not have the snow in Boston.

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    23 in central VA now at 4pm; was 12 overnight with scary wind. We will have same cold with snow - 4-6" - predicted for tomorrow. If I had money I'd SO be outta here to warm sunny weather!

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Blog Entries
    Right now were sitting a -24 C going down to -36 C
    Lets see..that's -11F going down to -15F. Wind chill of -29F. I guess it's cold. LOL
    marykayhopkins123.blogspot.com

Mostly this "winter" has been anywhere from 10 to 25 degrees warmer than normal, with maybe an inch of moisture, combining the little dab of snow and rain, that we've gotten.

It's 2 degrees here in Central Ohio at 9 PM. I didn't leave the house today, which meant time for quilting! It's supposed to "warm up" and get all the way to 17 tomorrow. lol

-7 yesterday, with a wind chill of -25, and 0 today, with about the same wind chill.....did I mention we moved my sister yesterday and today....all her stuff was in outside storage. Load the U-Haul...drive across town, only to find out the U-Haul didn't fit in the underground garage. Unload U-Haul in parking lot and carry inside...Stay home, stay warm, and move in the summer time!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast