Computer Virus

Old 04-13-2011, 06:30 AM

You know this really shocks me as to how miserable people have to be or have nothing more to do than sit and figure ways to screw up someone else's computor with a virus. Must be some very bored person. I just hope someother bored person messes up theirs. (jmho)
Old 04-13-2011, 06:46 AM

I did but my anti virus caught it before it did any harm. I will never understand what thrill someone gets from that.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:38 AM

Yes,just got one about an hour ago - used system restore to get back on line.The people who create these nuisances must lead sad, lonely lives.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:01 AM

I really don't like clicking on the video links where I don't recognize the website. I know youtube; I don't know "watchthisvideo.com"...
Old 04-13-2011, 12:37 PM

my daughter told me not to open a site until i read the websit name....ie: a name with sewing, quilting,threads etc. are fine to use. also on FACEBOOK...look in your top bar where you see http, well it should read https for it to be safe, if it reads only http you should click on account, then account settings, then account security, then change, check the box secure browsing. then click save. stay safe!!
Old 04-13-2011, 04:14 PM

I'm having the same problem. sometime I can get in a link and sometimes not.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:21 PM

I don't pay for antivirus and have never had a problem. Use the free ones. Most of your big computer guru's will tell you the same thing. Norton and McAfee just slow down your computer and don't do any better job of catching the bad guys!! JMHO I save my money for material!!!

Originally Posted by gaigai
Originally Posted by gale
Once you go Mac you're in hock up to your eyeballs and can't afford anything else. :mrgreen:
I paid more in antivirus software than my Mac cost. You get what you pay for. Chacque a son gout. (To each his own)
Old 04-13-2011, 07:50 PM

I recently got a virus. Luckily, my son in-law is good with computers and I back up anything I like, he wiped it cleaned. What a pain.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
Yes and my husband had to rebuild my computer! Don't click on anything in the borders of the newsletters!! Also, if a message pops up saying that your computer might be infected "click here for more info" and you do, you've just infected it! Run some of the many free malware and other software products to get rid of the problem! Good luck, I almost got banned from coming to the site but he gave in when he could fix it! Yay!!!
Ask microsoft for free service to combat viruses!
It really works!
Old 04-13-2011, 09:36 PM

Ladies and Gents,

Please click the following link for FREE AVG anti virus. It is good for XP, Vista and 7. I've been running this for well over a year and it has picked up EVERYTHING that is a threat. I opted to have my computer scanned everyday automatically at 12:00 noon "just in case". I also run the free "Tune Up" program also available at the AVG site.

Remember to download the FREE BASIC EDITION, and NOT the trial, unless, of course you want the full blown version.

http://free.avg.com/us-en/homepage