Cookies!

Old 12-24-2014, 03:45 PM

Reminds me of the time the kids each brought home (from the sunday school christmas concert) a shellacked dog biscuit all decorated to look like I don't know what. Why did we not think? And why did we hang them so high on the tree. Turns out that a little shellac doesn't hurt crazy boxer dogs.... and ornaments can survive the felling of a tree
Old 12-25-2014, 05:05 AM

My daughter had a huge white Akita who was always very good mannered UNTIL he ate a BIG bite out of one of the grandkids birthday cake sitting on the table. We just cut around it and said nothing and it worked out fine but he wore the most guilty face ever!
Old 12-25-2014, 07:03 AM

Meerryy Christmas! It is me!!!! Been awake since 2:30 AM - for two hours thinking should I get up and get ready for my company or should I just think about it for a while. I got up!

Bess lived - and yes, I made peanut butter kisses - I think she went for them first. She didn't get sick or anything, thank God. Then this morning, I ran down into the basement to change a load of clothes and came up, listening to the roar of total silence. Picture it - living room floor - she got ahold of a beautiful piece of Minnesota Smoked Salmon that I was defrosting for crackers. She slobbered all over it and decided she didn't like smoked salmon. Good for me - bad for me - don't forget she drools!!! There went the salmon.

Other than that she hasn't been too bad, except last week I got some picks that looked just like clusters of raspberries. She did - ate some, liked them apparently, red dye from the "raspberries" on the carpet. Got that all cleaned up - and the next day, I checked outside in the little bit of snow we had left - the dog urine was pink! Normally I would have panicked, I did not. The next day, she pooped little Styrofoam balls. She is now back on the couch sound asleep, happy as a lark. I took down all of the 150-200 picks (they were given to me) of "raspberries" and the tree isn't as pretty as it was, but I don't have to worry about Styrofoam poop anymore. Merry Christmas. May all your pets have as wonderful a Christmas as I am sure Bess has had - She still has a USA rawhide bone waiting for her when we open presents. And the neighbor gave her a humongous one.

Edie
Old 12-25-2014, 09:19 AM

That's like the last time we let my grandmother cook Thanksgiving dinner for the family. She pulled the turkey out of the oven (with help), and placed it on the cutting board on top of the double sink in the kitchen to rest (before cutting). I walked into the dining room to see what else I needed to put on the table. Walked back into the kitchen to see my grandmothers BIG (27lbs), cat on top of the TURKEY eating it (my grandmother thought he would be cold outside, so she let him back in the house). The turkey was still hot from the oven but the cat didn't care, when I tried to scare him off of the turkey he hissed at me. I tried to pick him up and he bit me (he was not giving up HIS turkey), now I have to yell for help. The cat is chowing down, I'm bleeding from my fight with the cat. Had to go to the hospital (never liked the cat again), picked up pizza on the way back to my grandparents for Thanksgiving dinner (no turkey, but all the goodies and pizza). I think the cat was passed out for about a week after his big day. We still laugh about the "Thanksgiving Pizza" Animals have a way of making the holidays fun and unforgettable too.
Old 12-25-2014, 11:50 AM

Years back when our boy's were little we had a tiny toy poodle. That pup loved peppermint. I had a large chair next to the tree and the boy's had hung peppermint canes on the tree. We had been shopping and came home to find she had got on the chair arm and back and stripped off all the candy canes she could reach and the chair and carpet were covered with sticky half chewed canes. She was so proud of herself she just looked at us as if to say look what I found. Every Christmas I would hold her on my lap and let her eat a candy cane. Her name was Du Squeezy Charmin. Her breeder had that name on her papers so we kept it. She had been named after the old TV add, don't squeeze the Charmin. She was so sweet you just had to give her a little squeeze.
Old 12-25-2014, 01:38 PM

Thanks for a great laugh. Our older Golden likes to counter serf, although she doesn't do it as much now. Never seen her daughter do it.
Old 12-25-2014, 04:54 PM
Power Poster

Wow, I would NOT be amused. I cured my dogs long ago of counter surfing and taking things they aren't supposed to. However, I also do not tempt fate. Anything as wonderfully aromatic as a smoked salmon would be thawing in a doggie proof container, like a cold oven or microwave not in operation. I count my blessings that neither of my 100lb+ Shiloh Shepherds have learned they can break into a tin.
Old 12-26-2014, 05:43 PM
Power Poster

Lol, well she made sure she got some! Hope she didn't get sick from pigging out.
Old 12-27-2014, 02:06 PM

We are blessed, found a dog running up our road, Rat terrier, I felt sorry for the little guy. So we looked for the owner, long story, short he couldn`t keep him and said we could have him. He was thin, so we got him good dog food, we found out he was nutered & very well trained. He does not eat any human food! You should see him now, He`s happy & fattened up, never had such a good dog. And we were not looking for one. He`s a blessing for us.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:14 AM

I had a similar incident happen with our sable shepherd. She got a chocolate cake in a sealed cake taker off the table and managed to open it, eat all the cake, and never got a spot on the silk throw rug. It didn't even make her sick. We're still trying to figure out how she did it.