Couponing??

Old 10-20-2011, 06:00 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

I coupon, but I just look for things I can use and I don't hoard!LOL I saw some of those extreme couponers, and whoa ! their stash was out of bounds !
Old 10-20-2011, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I rarely see any coupons for the food I buy. I use them for non food items sometimes.
Same here-----so how do those few get so much for nothing with extreme couponing? I have heard they have about destroyed the coupon business and that hurts us that just look for a few.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:01 AM

I use them but I'm not a fanatic about it. I can't see stocking up on stuff you couldn't use in 100 years just because you have a coupon. No offense intended but I think these extreme couponers on TV are nuts. That's more like hoarding than anything else.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:32 AM

Good hints passed along to me by a very well organized friend:

Write your shopping list on a business envelope that you were recycling -

Put your coupons into the envelope

Put the envelope into your purse so you have it when you shop

I also keep another envelope, usually a colored one, with my coupons for Joann's, Bed & Bath, etc.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:43 AM

Thank goodness! I thought I was going crazy thinking like some of you. I tried it however all we have is wal-mart and H-E-B. there brands are less expensive then the name brand even after the coupon. As far as I know they don't double coupons. The coupons I have seen expire 15 to 30 days. Also a lot of items not needed diapers, Prozac.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:24 AM

When I shop I tend to buy lots of each item and store it in the basement. Then I don't really shop again for a month, sometimes longer. I've tried coupons but ended up buying things I don't use and the time it takes to save a little bit of money isn't worth it to me. I try to shop smart and use store brands and we aren't big meal eaters. I have all the meat I need in the freezer and lots of canned goods to make almost anything I can think of. We go in between times to get milk. I make all our bread. Buy other things in bulk from Sams.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:48 AM

My son and d-i-l just started and are sold on it - times are tight and they needed to do something and after watching some special on tv about couponing and how to do it and save, they began, and wow! They have made great savings on many things, and she says with a daycare she needs snacks that are healthy and she is finding many that come with coupons now - so she is elated... and we also did couponing for their early Christmas gifts this year - I visited them, with a lack of knowing what to get everyone, we went on a shopping trip - and each got to pick out there presents at J.C.Penneys - what a savings!!! we must have hig a lucky week to shop - the savings were out of this world.... So, I'm sold too - will begin clipping! :)
Old 10-20-2011, 08:57 AM

I don't go anywhere that doubles either and many coupons now require you to buy 2 or 3 of the item in order to use it....oh well....
Old 10-20-2011, 09:20 AM

I coupon a little and yesterday I had a coupon to save $3 on an item if you brought four. The coupon along with my grocery list dropped down in my cart and must of went on out the back and I looked all over the store, could not find it, even asking at customer service. So had to pay full price. Bummer.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by rexie
I do go to Common Sense with Money and they have printable coupons...also KrazyLadyCoupons. I manage to get some smoked sausage, some Pillsbury and other baking items. If I were in the razor business, I would be all set. I guess I could give razors and toothpaste for Christmas.
My Mom didn't know what to give my DD's for Christmas, and wanted to give them useful things. she gave them a new toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash and hand lotion in a stocking. go for it-- even for the gag!