Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
From cradle to grave in one institution after another vs cradle to grave at home >

From cradle to grave in one institution after another vs cradle to grave at home

From cradle to grave in one institution after another vs cradle to grave at home

Old 01-14-2016, 11:07 AM

I found strollers wonderful. I had two children 11 months apart and a husband in the Navy. I do not know how I could have managed without a stroller. I could take the children for walks, shopping, visiting. Children are much safer in crowds in a stroller, in summer not as hot against someone's body, in the winter, safer if the ground is slippery and you take a fall holding them. Also, back problems can be an issue. I used a play pen to keep the chldren safe if I needed to used the bathroom, or change laundry loads, or some other task when I felt they were too young to be left unattended. My children were loved and well-cared for. I applaud parents who use whatever they need to enjoy their children, keep them safe and nuture them. Judge NOT....maybe I was not perfect, but I tried and my children grew up safe and are wonderful parents and productive members of society.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:45 PM

I honestly think that you won't know what you will do until the situation is at your doorstep. Well meaning people have said that they won't do this, or they just couldn't do that, that is until "this or that" presented its self..Life is what it is and you just can't say for sure what the future holds.