Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Craft uses for oxygen tubing

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    I was gonna say the bobbin holders .. but its been said !LOL
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pocoellie View Post
    How about cutting them into small pieces, then a slot in and use as bobbin buddies? At least that's what I would try.
    This type of tubing is too small for that, but makes a really nice hoop skirt for Halloween!
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryStoaks View Post
    I used the tubing to replace the worn-out leather belt on an old treadle sewing machine. Cut to exact size I wanted then glued in a short piece of dowel to the inside of the ends to hold them together. This worked great! .
    I use 3/16" tubing from my local hardware store to make belts for my treadle machines. I use a 'hose mender' that we sell here at work that's used on farm sprayers to connect the two ends. I have never been able to make a regular leather treadle belt work - always mess up the hole for the staple.
    TwandasMom

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryStoaks View Post
    I used the tubing to replace the worn-out leather belt on an old treadle sewing machine. Cut to exact size I wanted then glued in a short piece of dowel to the inside of the ends to hold them together. This worked great! .
    you should post your idea in the Vintage Machine forum.... they may like this idea!
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2