Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Making a cover for oxygen line

Senior Member Chester the bunny's Avatar

Making a cover for oxygen line

Has anyone ever made a cover for an oxygen line to help with irritation? This would be for the area where it sits along the neck. I'm just not sure how I could secure it so that it would not slip down. Could not find anything online. Was planning on using flannel to make it soft on the skin. Any help would be appreciated if you have seen or made anything similar.
    Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.
    Edmund Burke

This is for a stethoscope cover, but maybe it could work for the air tubing also.....https://sewing4free.com/fabric-steth...f7634-71863241
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs
    Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns.I am thankful that thorns have roses.~Allophones Karr
    “The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." — Gordon B Hinckley

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

I might suggest using fleece.

For some fleece causes skin irritation.

You might consider Dr Scholls Moleskin. It's flesh tone with adhesive on one side. Can be found at Walmart or Target. Great stuff when I had to break in my cleats(shoes) for Softball many moons ago.