Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Craftsy to Become a Subscription Service in 2018 >

Craftsy to Become a Subscription Service in 2018

Craftsy to Become a Subscription Service in 2018

Old 07-28-2017, 08:55 AM

Well, that explains a lot. ..no new classes for a while, refuses to give tax exempt for organizations with tax exempt status..citing their system is set up to charge sales tax for my state, no recourse, so pay sales tax on supplies for our orgnization, toOK all of their fashion patterns and fabric off the site, screw with the kit, supplies and fabric prices on a daily basis.....now I know why. I too, will be downloading all of my patterns. I have switched to the quilt show...excellent classes..Bet Craftsy does away with supplies and fabric.....they are video oriented.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:45 AM

They are not changing the existing system according to what I read. They are just adding the subscription service and you will be able to save individual classes. Here is an article that describes what is going on and it states that the subscription service is an add on, not a replacement: http://craftindustryalliance.org/cra...on-model-2018/.
Old 07-29-2017, 08:57 AM

Will they still sell kits??
Old 07-29-2017, 10:23 AM

I think it's interesting all the channels you get on satellite and there are very few we want to watch. AND there are very few craft/quilting options available. Used to have many more. :-/
Old 07-29-2017, 10:35 AM
Power Poster

It may turn out to be a good thing. I don't want to pay for most of what they offer but I have a few classes I like and I think we can keep them. If the cost for membership was reasonable I may go for it. We'll have to see how it shakes out.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:54 AM

It says we will...
Old 08-06-2017, 05:57 AM
Power Poster

Hmm... now you have me thinking.
So I paid for my classes, I have maybe 4 or 5. They said they were mine to keep forever.
I would think they have to honor this, no matter what changes are made by them ( in who owns them etc.)
It seems to me that in the event we lost our classes ( just a hypothetical here) we would have to get our money back.
Hope so!!! I really like the ones I bought and if I lost access I would want my money back.
Old 08-06-2017, 06:01 PM

Comcast? Really? Comcast is awful! I have a a lot of quilting and drawing classes purchased over the years, but love Craftsy mostly because of their great sales when I stock up on supplies. I hope they keep their word about purchased classes still being available to everyone who bought them, but I have a bad feeling about this acquisition.
Old 08-06-2017, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
i wonder if we will still have access to the classes we have already purchased?
It says you will. I hope so!
Old 08-07-2017, 05:14 AM

I am also really concerned about the class's I have. I see they are really pushing half price sales, wonder if they are preparing for the acquisition. In what world does Comcast keep their word? Someone mentioned a refund for class's - not in Comcast vocabulary. It's too bad that when something is working, someone else has to screw it up. Sorry guys, I hate Comcast - they are way too big for us little guys and can't take care of what they have.