Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
crazy drivers drive me crazy >

crazy drivers drive me crazy

crazy drivers drive me crazy

Old 12-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
I'm surprised texting isn't illegal while driving. I know in New York State talking on your cell is illegal while driving. Every time I drive home my Mom reminds me every time I call her to let her know where I am on the journey :D
It's not illegal in Ohio.
It's illegal here in Ky. If a cop can see you looking down as if you were looking a cell phone reading or texting then they can pull you over and give a ticket for it.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:14 PM

It seems to me it doesn't matter hands-free or not, your attention is not on your driving, so no use of the phone at all is the best. And how come a lot of cell phones don't work in Walmarts (someone said it had something to do with their p.a system??) why can't it be engineered into a car so a cell doesn't get reception? Maybe only while the car is turned on, or in motion, then in an emergency it could be used.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:39 PM

Today as we headed to town. It was raining, the roads were slick. Some guy passes us going almost 80 with two kids in the backseat. Why? Because he didn't want anyone getting to the two lane part of the highway before him. And after he gets there he slows down, so I attempt to pass him and he speeds up to 90!!

Now I could have easily overtook him, with the engine in my truck I could have hit 100, but I am not risking my life nor my husband's to get to town 10 seconds before anyone else. He hit the city limit sign about 5 minutes before I did, what a nimrod.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
It's illegal here in Ky. If a cop can see you looking down as if you were looking a cell phone reading or texting then they can pull you over and give a ticket for it.
i don't understand the whole texting thing anyway. What's the big attraction? The buttons are too small to do it correctly (yes I've tried) but making a call is so much quicker, and if you just want to leave a message, because you don't have time for a real conversation, there are ways to bypass making the phone ring and go straight to their voicemail.
It is a phone! Not a typewriter! Drives me crazy that my grown children spend hundreds of dollars on a phone but never make phone calls. Dumb. (Does this make me sound like some old crone who wouldn't recognize anything 'cool' if it bit her??) :lol:
Old 12-09-2010, 03:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by gypsyquilter
on my way home tonight I was waiting to pull out into traffic, saw a car with no lights on (it was very dark) the driver, in her big old fancy 2 seater sportser mercedes decides to turn right in front of me, thankfully she stopped and didn't hit me. She rolled down her window after I motioned to her.... I was able to tell her to turn her lights on...AND TO PUT DOWN HER DARN PHONE AND STOP TEXTING WHILE DRIVING. she wasn't happy with me. oh well.
You are fortunate that you saw her. The news just reported of an accident last night involving a car that didn't have his lights on. Another car hit him. One of them is in the hospital. (Didn't hear the condition)
Old 12-09-2010, 03:39 AM

Thank goodness you are observant - she is such a dimwit.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by phatquilts
Thank goodness you are observant - she is such a dimwit.
:thumbup:
Old 12-09-2010, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by ajonkarl
why can't it be engineered into a car so a cell doesn't get reception?
Em, what about passengers?