Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Credit Card Information Compromised from Connecting Threads. >

Credit Card Information Compromised from Connecting Threads.

Credit Card Information Compromised from Connecting Threads.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:02 AM

Don't think checks are any safer. Over the President Day weekend notified our Election Company notified us their site was compromised also. Told to check with our bank. This never happened yrs. ago Went shopping with cash. Chance of being held up. Then came the banks with the Credit cards Great. Then came this wonderful P.C. Troubles have started with the Cards Then the banks issued Debit Cards more trouble. All this because of this PC. Where would we be without it Sometimes I think we were better off without it.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:28 AM

I had this happen to me as well. Only place I had ever used my card was CT. Happened twice. I'm glad they finally use pay pal since I have never had any trouble using them.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:10 AM
Power Poster

You have to stay informed of everything concerning your financial dealings. Banks have changed.

Most banks don't check the signature on the check anymore. Anyone can sign your name. I was treasurer for my guild and wrote all the checks. When a new treasurer was elected we went to change names on the account and my name was never on it! I was signing checks for two years and my name wasn't on the account. The manager said unless the account happened to be pulled for an audit, the signature wasn't checked. I could have signed it Bugs Bunny, no difference. If I had written a check and cleared the account then it would up to the guild to press charges.