Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: CSI with Ted Danson

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan
    Catherine is Marge Helgenberger (sp)? she's had a time trying to stay young for that show. plastic surgery wasn't good early on but she improved over time. with more surgery probably. i loved her in China Beach!
    I have always liked her, early on in CSI, & in other things. Just didn't think you was good in the boss roll for this show. I thought she was looking didn't different, didn't even think of her having that surgery...

I watched it this morning and I wasn't impressed either, there was a lot of hype about him joining the show and I thought great I like him. I don't like the way his character is setup, like he's all over the map type thing. It hasn't been the same since Peterson left the show, it went too dark with Lawrence on there.

I will watch the next couple of episodes and see if anything changes.

I think they were setting up the show for the exit of Catherine (yes it has been on the news). If you notice..Ted Danson was really paying attention to Nick and it almost looked like he was the one that was going to get the boot. Ted Danson is probably having to get rid of someone and he is testing everyone. I think the show was setting the stage for the big changes in the group. Makes for exciting entertainment for me!

Blog Entries
    We aren't even going to watch it anymore. We stuck with it last season with Lawrence Fishburne, and it was ok, but I didn't really care if we missed a week. Also the storylines started getting really ridiculous IMO.

I caught it but not sure i'm going to keep watching it. I usually like Ted Danson but not in this part for some reason.
    why did Peterson leave? ratings?
    Isn't William Petersen one of the producers? Perhaps he just wanted to retire or lessen his workload, or do other acting stints.Haven't seen Danson in it yet, but have liked all the characterisations and it was a shame that Gary Dourdan's personal issues may have stopped him from continuing in the show. I liked his character.

Blog Entries
    I liked TD in this role. I noticed several things that I think will happen. Agree he is looking closely at people and where he will place them in the show,Nick with more responsibilty? I think he is acting slightly buffoonish on purpose. AKA Columbo?

I have to agree about TEd Danson. His character is not cast well on CSI. I too will not be watching this season.

I liked the quirkiness of Danson's character. I know that Catherine is probably leaving in January, so this could be an interesting season!

I keep forgeting I have a DVR on the TV in my sewing room. My husband was taping the Barrett Jackson auction last night on the TV in the family room. I have alway loved CSI.

Senior Member quilter in the making's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This used to be one of my very favorites and I stuck with it through all the changes. Not any more. I am not a Ted Danson fan and didn't like his character at all. Now I'll be searching for a new show. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Sunflower Girl
    I probably won't be following it either, I'm not a Ted Danson fan.
    The opener was a bust in my book. If they don't change the roll of Danson I think they are going to lose a lot of pepole watching. The show was boring and Danson looked like a fruit cake!

I have not really watched CSI over the last few years. I am a reallty show junkie. But I do like Ted Dansen. His character is a little quirky but I think they have to be to be able to recreat a crime scene. I think he is going to shake up the department and try to put some new spice in the old characters.

I have not really watched CSI over the last few years. I am a reallty show junkie. But I do like Ted Dansen. His character is a little quirky but I think they have to be to be able to recreate a crime scene. I think he is going to shake up the department and try to put some new spice in the old characters.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkaau
    I caught it but not sure i'm going to keep watching it. I usually like Ted Danson but not in this part for some reason.
    Isn't William Petersen one of the producers? Perhaps he just wanted to retire or lessen his workload, or do other acting stints.Haven't seen Danson in it yet, but have liked all the characterisations and it was a shame that Gary Dourdan's personal issues may have stopped him from continuing in the show. I liked his character.
    I read somewhere that he quit doing the show because he wanted to pursue stage acting. A few seasons ago he wasn't in a number of episodes because he was in a play up in the northeast somewhere.

I have watched CSI from the beginning and probably will not watch the Vegas won. Danson did not impress me and he just ruined a very good show. i wonder if there is a way to notify CBS change the lead man, Danson does not do it!!

I watched the show from the beginning. I think William Peterson made the show with his cast. When he left, I just watch it every now and then. I don't care for Ted and only watched a little of the new season show. NOT impressed. I do watch reruns with Grissom tho.

Quote Originally Posted by blondeslave
    The show hasn't been the same since William Peterson left. I couldn't warm up to Lawrence Fishburn's character. I recorded the show last night but haven't watched it.
    I agree totally

Guess this is how I felt also. It doesn't come on really late here so I am usually awake. I sure was surprised to see Ted D on there.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy
    I kinda watched it.... (fell asleep on the couch)
    I'l give it a second watch before I make a desicion. I think
    it was because his character was so different from the others.

I did not see it, but will probably watch it IF Jorja Fox is not on. Her character was always too superior for me and never bought her and Peterson as a couple. She does not even spell correctly. Just used my spellcheck and her first name came up red.

Husband and I watched last night and really liked Ted Danson's character. He was quirky and didn't attempt to be like Peterson's character.

Blog Entries
    Peterson left because he wanted to do live theatre, his true calling. I can just see him playing a Shakespear character. He is indeed a good actor.

Someone else asked,what happened to fishburnes charactor, I missed a few episodes, so i am lost,I don't like danson either,but gotta watch Nick,what a hunk.

I agree that Gil Grissom took away a big part of the carisma of the show when he left. I was so hoping that he was coming back.

Like them all. Give Danson a chance to develop his character. Think he will do okay. Guess we just connect with some characters and hate to see them leave.

I too haven't watched CSI like I use too. Did not care much for it last year so watched little, and I use to never miss it. This year? Well I'll form my opinion after I watch the show from the other night that I DVR'd. Can see that a whole lot of us don't like change!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast