CSI with Ted Danson

Old 09-22-2011, 08:19 AM

I have been watching CSI since it first started. Seldom missed an episode. Will not be watching this year as I can't stand Ted Danson. They also changed the night and time.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Cattyqwltr
Did anyone else stay up for the season premiere of CSI last night? I'm not impressed with Danson's character and probably won't be following this season. I have a few seasons on dvd and will just go to my favorites when I need a CSI fix.
I think Ted will be ok once we get used to him, I like the idea of the quirky character.
I, like every one else miss William Petersen terribly. He is a doll :!:
:)
Old 09-22-2011, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by blondeslave
The show hasn't been the same since William Peterson left. I couldn't warm up to Lawrence Fishburn's character. I recorded the show last night but haven't watched it.
Interested in hearing your reaction when you are able to watch it. I agree that William Peterson was the best.
Right here with you on this! Sarah and Grissom really made the show. Not to take anything away from Nick, Catherine did not age gracefully....
Old 09-22-2011, 10:55 AM

Did anyone else stay up for the season premiere of CSI last night? I'm not impressed with Danson's character and probably won't be following this season. I have a few seasons on dvd and will just go to my favorites when I need a CSI fix.
I'm going to give Ted Danson a couple more shows to see how they develop his character. I saw a few interesting things, minor things, that might develop into an interesting character. I am not a Ted Danson fan.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:01 PM
Power Poster

Catherine is Marge Helgenberger (sp)? she's had a time trying to stay young for that show. plastic surgery wasn't good early on but she improved over time. with more surgery probably. i loved her in China Beach!
Old 09-22-2011, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
Catherine is Marge Helgenberger (sp)? she's had a time trying to stay young for that show. plastic surgery wasn't good early on but she improved over time. with more surgery probably. i loved her in China Beach!
I have always liked her, early on in CSI, & in other things. Just didn't think you was good in the boss roll for this show. I thought she was looking didn't different, didn't even think of her having that surgery...
Old 09-22-2011, 02:32 PM

I watched it this morning and I wasn't impressed either, there was a lot of hype about him joining the show and I thought great I like him. I don't like the way his character is setup, like he's all over the map type thing. It hasn't been the same since Peterson left the show, it went too dark with Lawrence on there.

I will watch the next couple of episodes and see if anything changes.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:41 PM

I think they were setting up the show for the exit of Catherine (yes it has been on the news). If you notice..Ted Danson was really paying attention to Nick and it almost looked like he was the one that was going to get the boot. Ted Danson is probably having to get rid of someone and he is testing everyone. I think the show was setting the stage for the big changes in the group. Makes for exciting entertainment for me!
Old 09-23-2011, 12:36 AM

We aren't even going to watch it anymore. We stuck with it last season with Lawrence Fishburne, and it was ok, but I didn't really care if we missed a week. Also the storylines started getting really ridiculous IMO.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
I caught it but not sure i'm going to keep watching it. I usually like Ted Danson but not in this part for some reason.
why did Peterson leave? ratings?
Isn't William Petersen one of the producers? Perhaps he just wanted to retire or lessen his workload, or do other acting stints.Haven't seen Danson in it yet, but have liked all the characterisations and it was a shame that Gary Dourdan's personal issues may have stopped him from continuing in the show. I liked his character.