december 21, 2010

Old 08-18-2010, 02:35 PM

"The world as I know it" ends every time a new grandchild is born or I meet a new friend.

Whatever the warning, it's always good to be prepared for an emergency -- last month I finally found the last of the cash I hid around the house for Y2K. I think.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:05 PM
Power Poster

Only worry about the things you can do something about, really not much. Worrying is such a waste of time. On Dec. 21, 2010 I will be be getting ready for Christmas Eve with kids and Grands.
No earthly person will know when the world will end.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:24 PM

Most of what people worry about never happens. So quit worrying. It is a waste of time.
judee
Old 08-20-2010, 04:39 PM
Power Poster

Lynnie, have you ever thought about how your obsession with this is affecting your son??
Now that is something you have control over.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:46 PM

I think, what will happen will happen. There is no point worrying about what may or may not. The date is quite interesting in that there are all ones and twos. 12-21-2012.... one could say the number could as well be, 12-12-2012 or 12-20-2012.
In either case, life is meant to be lived one day at a time. Enjoy each as they come :)
Old 08-20-2010, 05:13 PM

We must live each day to the fullest and thank the higher being for allowing us the pleasure. I will not live in fear of the unknown as I would be a basket case and not enjoy or appreciate what I have.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Banned

The way I look at it I am not Mayan so it does not apply to me but.......

The Mayans were really good about keeping up a calender and they could only go so far mathematically before everything was getting out of whack and they needed to recalculate. But the date that everyone is flipping out about is as far as they could go with out being off. That being said I think it is another way to make money and freak folks out.

But I do have a rather large vacation home in middle TN I can get to that is on 100 acres with lots of guns and tons of ammo so I can survive for several years without going anywhere! Kinda like the movie "Red Dawn" So if anyone wants to come up and hang out with me then grab the family and come on!

All I can say is "Bring it on!!!!" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Billy
Old 08-20-2010, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Quilter7x
Originally Posted by 2wheelwoman
Linnie, I know it's easy to say "don't worry about it" but also know that's hard to do, and that your fears are very real to you. My personal suggestion, take it or leave it, would be for you to talk over your fears with a trained therapist. There are anxiety disorders that contribute to the overwhelming worry about events outside of your control. Talking them through and learning some coping mechanisms to use when you're feeling distraught could be quite beneficial. Here's a hug for you in the meantime {{{hug}}}.
Very well said, I think this will help a lot. More {{{hugs}}} for you.
Dear, dear Lynne
I have listened to those programs too and most of the time have to shut them off. They can be very upsetting.
I have to agree with the suggestions here and wish to remind you that God has given us many promises that we can claim to comfort and sustain us. He has promised that our bread and water will be sure. I believe that this life on Earth gives us an opportunity to learn about the wonderful gift Jesus made to us when He died for us that we might live forever with Him. As others have also mentioned the Bible says we do not know the day or hour of His coming, but we can walk close to Him and trust Him in all things. I hope you will find comfort in the promise that He has gone to prepare a place for us and will come again to take us to be with Him in heaven and in the Earth made new. This is what I believe. I will keep you in my prayers. Do find someone with whom to share your concerns. That will help too.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by trupeach1
we all have to die someday that date sounds as good as any other day to die. some of us might not even live until that day. we could be dead next week, next months, next year or for that matter we could be dead tonight or even before I click enter to send this.
I have to agree with you here, I could always use a good vacation in Heaven hanging out with Jesus singing Holy Holy Holy!

And the best part is no more bills!!!

Billy
Old 08-20-2010, 06:40 PM

There have been so many doom and gloom predictions over the years. I just refuse to watch those shows. God is the only one who knows the time and the date and as He hasn't ask me for advice lately, I will leave it to Him. I'm with kwhite. Whenever I feel anxious about something I just ask God to give me peace and He does.