december 21, 2010

Old 08-18-2010, 11:21 AM
Banned

we all have to die someday that date sounds as good as any other day to die. some of us might not even live until that day. we could be dead next week, next months, next year or for that matter we could be dead tonight or even before I click enter to send this.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
we all have to die someday that date sounds as good as any other day to die. some of us might not even live until that day. we could be dead next week, next months, next year or for that matter we could be dead tonight or even before I click enter to send this.
WOW! Great attitude! I think.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:53 AM

Just this morning I read on MSN about this date maybe being the date of an attack on our World with an Electric Magnetic Pulse type of thing. Everything electrical in the World will stop & be of no use. That is supposed to cause such havoc around the World. Could take months to restore power, so use your thinker on what that involves or entails. People are stocking up on food pantry's, water supplies for so long of a time frame, all sorts of preparation is being made by many I guess in case this event does take place. Okay, with that being said, we have a few Ice Storms here & Tornadoes & have been without power for a week at a time. Some much longer. I do have emergancy food & water & supplies for those things but for only a month at best. Would not be fun but could do it if I had to. Now with this stuff all over the net. about this chosen date.....I am going to enjoy everyday as God wants us to do. I try to use my head most of the time. LOL So my thought is that you should not be worried! Pray that this doesn't happen & ask for God's loving mercy on you & your family. He has never let me down in all of my 56 years & I trust & have faith that he will continue.

Please do not let this make you ill! There is little anyone can do about it anyway. I feel I have a better chance of being killed or left to be a veg. by a car accident than by this possability happening. And I drive every day! And will do so! I will use caution & ask the Lord for his guidance & protection throughout whatever I might have to face in the future. I just love & live each day to the best of my ability. Things I cannot stop or change, I let the Lord handle that worry or concern. Today is a present, tomorrow is a future. None of us know what we might have to endure or what the next hr or day is going to bring. So just relax & do your best at whatever you do. Main thing is to not let this freak you out or make you sick with worry & fright.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by 2wheelwoman
Linnie, I know it's easy to say "don't worry about it" but also know that's hard to do, and that your fears are very real to you. My personal suggestion, take it or leave it, would be for you to talk over your fears with a trained therapist. There are anxiety disorders that contribute to the overwhelming worry about events outside of your control. Talking them through and learning some coping mechanisms to use when you're feeling distraught could be quite beneficial. Here's a hug for you in the meantime {{{hug}}}.
Very well said, I think this will help a lot. More {{{hugs}}} for you.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ljsunflower
Originally Posted by trupeach1
WOW! Great attitude! I think.
You are correct it is a great attitude. In all honesty we have no control over our lives. You can worry and try and be careful but no matter how much you worry and how careful you are if something is to happen to you it will. Our lives are destined there is no changing what will happen. Do we have free will, I think not a higher power allows all things to happen good and bad. If the world does come to an end that day then I would suggest people take a GOOD look at their life, would they want to die with the life they lead, once it happens there is no turning back. So if dec 21 2012 is really the day maybe some people should change their ways. Do an act of kindness for someone, stop the gossip about others and live the next 2 years to be the best you can be. If I would die today would I have any regrets of how I lived my life............NO. I know where I have been and I know where I am going and wheather it is today or tomorrow I know I will rest in peace.

As a side note how crazy was everyone over 2000 and that you wouldn't be able to get money out of the bank and cash registers wouldn't work, none of that happened. The world is not coming to and end...........not yet.........not in our life time!!!
Old 08-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Dix

Lynnie, I am 76 years old and I remember as a child in the Oklahoma Panhandle people saying the world would end at a certain time. And, it never did! The world "as we know it" changes daily and I can not wait to see what tomorrow brings. My sweet grandmother used to tell me only God who made us and His world knows the future.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
What is supposed to happen on that date???
Same Question??
Old 08-18-2010, 01:09 PM

Don't worry about when or if the world will end. If you have done what your faith and/or religion requires of you, then you should be okay.

There's nothing wrong in having an emergency pack ready. Natural disasters, ie hurricanes, tornadoes, etc., happen.

BUT don't let "omg, the world is ending in _____" get to you.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie
thank you for your advice, but i'm still upset abut that date. I watch alot of the nat geog shows and science shows and they all talk about it.
'
Yes, they talk about it, but no one proves if anything will happen that day.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by paintmejudy
Originally Posted by lynnie
thank you for your advice, but i'm still upset abut that date. I watch alot of the nat geog shows and science shows and they all talk about it.
'
Yes, they talk about it, but no one proves if anything will happen that day.
Nat Geo exagerates and misrepresents the subject matter they cover. You never see them interview the people who reallly know about the subjects that they cover because it would be boring to most people. They can only sell by sensationalizing everything. My daughter is an archeologist who specializes in the MesoAmerican culture. The Mayan calandar is a big circle. and when it gets to then end of one rotation, it starts the next one. So what will happen is a new beginning, not an end to the earth. Our calendar rolls over every 365 days, we all celebrate Jan 1 and the world does not end. As far as the time line that is in the great pyramid, no one really understands the meaning of it nor what it was to represent by those that built it.. most likely it has something to do with the journey of the pharoe on to his next life..

As for y2k, the reason it was such a big deal is that all of the computer programs were written with a two year date. What comes after 99? 00. So the logic in those programs that compare if a date is before or after another date just would get the wrong answer. I was programming at that time and spent several years prior to that date fixing the programs. Everyone did and as a result, no program errors occurred.. But the media saw a story that they could exagerate to a worst case scenario and continued to scare people into believing that it could happen.

Just remember that those programs are written for sensationalism, not realistic information for learning sake.

Remember to think globally and act locally. I have always believed that in a crisis you will feel better if you start doing something, anything towards a solution.. So, it would be time better spent if you looked to what you can do today at your local level to help yourself or even better those in need. You will immediately feel better and each act you achieve help increase your confidence and lessen your worries.