december 21, 2010

Old 06-09-2010, 04:35 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by TanyaMas
Originally Posted by b.zang
We humans are killing our world much faster than orbiting planets or aligning suns possibly can. Right now we're having a cataclysm with all the oil everywhere, we just haven't realized it yet.

I grew up on an island that shook regularly and can't count the number of times I heard that the world was going to end. I've given up waiting for it, and just live an ordinary life. This kind of prediction has been going on for a long time.
AGREED!!!!!
i wont get on my tree hugging soap box (or i will rant like a lunatic lol), but am glad some1 at least mentioned it.
Every1 needs to realize this world is our home, it needs taken care of, not continuously destroyed :D and until all people realize it, we are nothing more than a plague on this planet :D

ok, my mini rant is over... sorry if i offended anyone... ill go sit in the corner now :D
Couldn't agree more !!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Sad but true.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:01 AM

In the Bible it says no one knows the hour or the day. Whenever I am worrying or anxious I just ask God to take it away and he always does. He never fails me. AND I don't watch shows that make me that upset. It's not worth me loosing a precious minute to worry. We are all so fortunate and have so much to be thankful for all we have to do is open our eyes and look around. My great-grandmother used to say "when you're worried, get a cup of tea, sit a spell and count your blessings. Then get up and get back to work." I try to live by that motto.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:11 AM

I feel the same about it as I did Y2K....there is NOTHING we can do about it! If God in HIS wisdom has decided the earth is to end no amount of "prepping" will change that or save us. I think its just a way for some to hype up the hysteria related to it. And I agree about the oil....but at the same time unless we are willing to completely change our lives and our dependence on oil we need to have our own sources for it. I for one would be willing to change....I already drive as little as possible, run the ac as little as I can, and do my best to conserve energy.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:12 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Honey
In the Bible it says no one knows the hour or the day. Whenever I am worrying or anxious I just ask God to take it away and he always does. He never fails me. AND I don't watch shows that make me that upset. It's not worth me loosing a precious minute to worry. We are all so fortunate and have so much to be thankful for all we have to do is open our eyes and look around. My great-grandmother used to say "when you're worried, get a cup of tea, sit a spell and count your blessings. Then get up and get back to work." I try to live by that motto.
Your Great Gram sounded like a very wise woman :) Great motto.
Thanks for sharing :D
Old 06-09-2010, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie
according to the sources that be, the Myan calendar and such the world will come to an end. Maybe bombing in the mddle east, a great cataclysmic destruction of earth
If the world comes to an end none of us will be here or anywhere, no one will be left to worry over something that may or maynot happen.

Live for today, tell your loved ones everyday that you love them.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie
After reading about peoples emergency kits for disaster survival, I got to thinking about December 21, 2012, Does anyone here feel anxity about that date? If so how are yu handleing it? I get so worried about my son, where he'll be, my husband, where he'll be and will happen. The anxiety builds and oh my what will i do on Dec. 20? Someone please tell me i'M not alone in this delima, and let me know how you are dealing with this. thanks.
Sweetie, please stop worrying about this. The Good Lord doesn't want us to worry. Turn this concern over to him and ask him to carry it for you. You have been given a gift.... A present..... Today. Enjoy it and don't waste it on things you cannot do 1 thing about. Don't ruin your present on worrying over something that may never happen. Why, you may not be here on earth by that date anyway. None of us know when our time will be up on earth, so don't waste your time worrying! You have too many constructive and positive things to do instead. And you will be happier to boot.

In my 40's I had to learn this, so I do try to really stress this to others. Enjoy today with all you have got! Don't waste it on useless stuff such as worrying over things you have no control over. If you think about it, the world is diff. today from how we knew it in the 50's & 60's. Certainly from the 1800's. So of course the world is changing & will continue to change. Regardless of whose calender we speak about. Please please do not let this upset you or get you so worked up. Think of all the quilts you can make between now & then.

HUGE HUGS
Old 06-09-2010, 06:49 AM

I did not know that was the day the world is suppose to end.....when I first read your title, all I could think of is that my step son will be 37 that day!!! So we will be celebrating!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by pab58
Originally Posted by kwhite
They make their ratings on that stuff. Think about Orson Wells with the War of the Worlds radio show. People lost their lives that night over a hoax. No one, and I mean NO ONE knows when and if the world will end. Live your life as if today were your last. Be the person you would love to be and let the future take care of itself.
Think about all the profits that were made from Y2K!! What a bunch of nonsense that turned out to be!!! :roll:
True, just like Global Warming and scaring all those little kids into thinking the world was going to end.
It's all about money, this planet has been here for eons, it's not going anywhere. We are just along for the ride.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:02 AM
Power Poster

I know about this but I'm not going to worry about it. When it is my time I will go and be with my loved ones. Til than I will live my life to it's fullest.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:53 PM
Power Poster

i'm conerned i won't bewth my husban and son at the time. it's not like y2k, this is a real pheonomanom that is taking plave. the gov't is reading itself for it. there' abook, Blur Gold written onthe subject, the churches are awae of this, governments are fighting ovr foodfor tis this and power. ther mvie was a bunch o hogwash. my main concern is tha i won't be wih my loved ones, my son and husband o that day, i new when i got pregnant w.my son that he would be 22then and could ake cae of himself, that was a big weight on my shoulders then. god loves all peopl and things, so we are not the cozen few, he doesn't like s better than some other releigion. in his eyes, we are al the same, and the world is sooo overpopulated by over 90% capacity right now, the planets will all alignup perfetly on that day, can ou imagine the ravational pull. next tursday, Mas will come closest to earth a it has everbeen since the last iceage, it will appear as two moons. this oil slick has me so upset too. everything is dying, the earthquake and the volcano set the earth offf it;s axis by 3*, that;s whats causing weird weather, not to mention HAARP, and the other gov;t organizations playing with our weather, Chem trails, and genetically modified animals and plans, Just notnatural. scar stuff, Microchipping peole, camera ecerywhere,bigbrother watching you all the time noe, people hve to waje up ndsee wat;s going on, it;s no oke here,the gov't knowing what we're sayingas we talk on our computers, trcking systems n our crs now, and cell phones really scary