december 21, 2010

Old 06-08-2010, 11:32 AM

I used to worry about it, but then I looked further into it, more than just what they put on tv. The Mayan calander is split up into different ages, according to planetary alignments. We (the human race) has already survived at least 4 of the ends of these ages.

It predicts the end of the world AS WE KNOW IT. For all we know that could mean that the sky will turn pink with green polka dots!

Don't be too concerned about it. I remember, when I was about 14 some mystical-type person who had successfully predicted both world wars, the hindenburg disaster and loads of other events had predicted the end of the world at mid-day on this date. All the girls in my class were counting down the seconds and when the world didn't end it was sooooooo anticlimatic!!!
Old 06-08-2010, 01:25 PM

I saw the movie and read things about it. I can see why you are worried, but don't be. No matter what, live each day to the fullest and remember God and your loved ones are always always with you. If you think about it you will drive yourself crazy. Live Laugh Love. Take care
Old 06-08-2010, 01:29 PM

I'm not concerned at all. It is kind of like a food scare. When you think of how many people are in the world what are the odds it will effect me. I may be a little more careful but not that much. I flew to NY the Saturday after 9/11 2001. I never even had a second thought about flying and I was headed to work at Ground Zero. Life is already too short. I take one day at a time and thank God for each day. Everyday I wake up is a good day.
Try to enjoy life. LOL.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:37 PM

This is a prediction based on an interpretation. We all know how reliable predictions are and how off base interpretations can be. Please stop worrying.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:39 PM

Not to worry....if it is time then God will take care of us...so say yer prayers and believe in him.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:45 PM

Hey, I live in Southern California, our house sits on the San Adreas fault. I don't even think about earthquakes unless the house shakes a little, or the news comes on and tells us we have had an earthquake. LOL
Old 06-08-2010, 08:29 PM

I read a book and many many articles about the Mayan culture. What I read said the calender will end - not the world. Kinda like when we go on to a new century. That way ends and new discoverys are made in the next. The movie is great especially John Cusack. Don't worry Linney (hope I spell that right) they didn't predict an end to the world, just their calender.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:32 PM

I cannot wait for Dec 21, 2010.
That's when the babies turn 1 yr old!
WOOHOO!

All that other stuff they talk about...as my favorite aunt used to say...HOGWASH! What happens will happen and nothing you can do about it. If you want to live your life scared, then bury your head in the sand so you can't see anything.
I loved that aunt!!
Old 06-08-2010, 08:39 PM

We humans are killing our world much faster than orbiting planets or aligning suns possibly can. Right now we're having a cataclysm with all the oil everywhere, we just haven't realized it yet.

I grew up on an island that shook regularly and can't count the number of times I heard that the world was going to end. I've given up waiting for it, and just live an ordinary life. This kind of prediction has been going on for a long time.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by b.zang
We humans are killing our world much faster than orbiting planets or aligning suns possibly can. Right now we're having a cataclysm with all the oil everywhere, we just haven't realized it yet.

I grew up on an island that shook regularly and can't count the number of times I heard that the world was going to end. I've given up waiting for it, and just live an ordinary life. This kind of prediction has been going on for a long time.
AGREED!!!!!
i wont get on my tree hugging soap box (or i will rant like a lunatic lol), but am glad some1 at least mentioned it.
Every1 needs to realize this world is our home, it needs taken care of, not continuously destroyed :D and until all people realize it, we are nothing more than a plague on this planet :D

ok, my mini rant is over... sorry if i offended anyone... ill go sit in the corner now :D