december 21, 2010

Old 06-08-2010, 09:52 AM
Power Poster

The Mayan calendar says that the world, as we know it, will end. I used to worry, but not anymore.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie
After reading about peoples emergency kits for disaster survival, I got to thinking about December 21, 2012, Does anyone here feel anxity about that date? If so how are yu handleing it? I get so worried about my son, where he'll be, my husband, where he'll be and will happen. The anxiety builds and oh my what will i do on Dec. 20? Someone please tell me i'M not alone in this delima, and let me know how you are dealing with this. thanks.
Dear lynnie, It sounds like what you'll be doing on Dec. 20 is worrying yourself into a possible heart attack and a depressing day falling apart. On Dec 22 you're gonna wish you hadn't let this rule your life for over two years.

Everyone here has great advice for you but if it doesn't help calm your fears you need to perhaps talk to your doctor/pastor/priest/etc. Don't let this fear control you.

Do more sewing and quilting...it works wonders!(((Hugz))) :thumbup:
Old 06-08-2010, 10:14 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by soniboo
Originally Posted by lynnie
After reading about peoples emergency kits for disaster survival, I got to thinking about December 21, 2012, Does anyone here feel anxity about that date? If so how are yu handleing it? I get so worried about my son, where he'll be, my husband, where he'll be and will happen. The anxiety builds and oh my what will i do on Dec. 20? Someone please tell me i'M not alone in this delima, and let me know how you are dealing with this. thanks.
Dear lynnie, It sounds like what you'll be doing on Dec. 20 is worrying yourself into a possible heart attack and a depressing day falling apart. On Dec 22 you're gonna wish you hadn't let this rule your life for over two years.

Everyone here has great advice for you but if it doesn't help calm your fears you need to perhaps talk to your doctor/pastor/priest/etc. Don't let this fear control you.

Do more sewing and quilting...it works wonders!(((Hugz))) :thumbup:
Such good and compassionate advice.............
Talking through fears works wonders, as does sewing, or anything you enjoy :)
Old 06-08-2010, 10:48 AM

That's my hubby's b-day and everytime the topic comes up, I say if the world comes to an end via explosion or whatever, at least his b-day will be celebrated with a bang!

Please don't worry over this. I'm sure nothing will come of it and if it does, all the worry in the world isn't going to change a thing. Surely you aren't going to spend the next 2 years stressing over this, are you?
Old 06-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Banned

God is in control. We don't know the date. We all prepared for Y2K and we are all here and all doing fine.
I don't put much into dates except sometimes they are interesting.

Like today at 4 miniutes after 2 am it was
2 4 6 8 10!

People get married on special dates this year being 10 10, next will be 11 11 etc

My sister was born 9 /9 45 and a lot of what happens in her life always adds up to 9!

Sit back relax, make a special quilt and enjoy the date.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:00 AM

Sheeez... that's over two years away. My son will cross the continent at least 6 times by then, my daughter will have gone to live in France and come home safely, my hubby and I will have flown at least a dozen times by then. And I am not worrying about any of that so I won't worry about something that Mel Gibson is supporting!

When my kids were born, I became a fatalist. If it is meant to be it will be and there is nothing I can do to stop it. Life is short enough without worrying about what you can't control!
Old 06-08-2010, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Boston1954
The Mayan calendar says that the world, as we know it, will end. I used to worry, but not anymore.
the world "AS WE KNOW IT" I think this is the main thing that people are missing.... it doesn't say "the human race will cease to exist" or anything so bleak as that. I think it means more that the world will CHANGE, maybe for the better...who knows?
(sorry Boston1954, I'm not picking on you, just using your phrase!)

I agree with what a lot of you are saying, there really is nothing we can do about it...and worrying will get us no where. Live life to the fullest, everyday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon

Just do a Google search on the date, there is a lot of information about it! :D

Ok, I'll come down off my soapbox!! :lol:
Sorry if I offended anyone!
Old 06-08-2010, 11:10 AM

I cannot see the point of worrying about it. If it did happen there is not a thing you can do about it by worrying.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:13 AM

actually there is alot more to it than just the end of the world... look it up, it really is quite fascinating...
it has to do with orbiting planets and alignments...
supposedly happens on a schedule and last time resulted in the ice age....

not saying it will or wont, but i do find it fascinating, and figure if it is, it is, if it aint it aint... not alot of point in worrying about anything that can not be controlled :D
Old 06-08-2010, 11:16 AM

They tell us all of the time that Washington DC will be the next big attack and we must all have our evacuation plans and meeting places mapped out. What a laugh! on 9-11 it took most people 5-7 hours to get home from DC. Might as well sit back and sew. If something is going to happen, I can't stop it, change it or anything else. God will protect me and mine.