Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Did you grow where you were planted? >

Did you grow where you were planted?

Did you grow where you were planted?

Old 10-24-2011, 12:28 AM

I was born in Oklahoma, but raised mostly in California from the 3rd grade until I met my husband, then we moved to Ft. Smith Ar, and I hated it there. During that time my dad and mom had moved from California and went to Texas, hubby couldn't find a good job in Ft. Smith so we moved to Texas to where my mom and dad lived and dad help get the hubby a job in Iron working. After living in Texas for 10 years, Dad had a heart attacked and retired from Iron working, and moved back to Oklahoma, during that time my husband company went bankrupt, so we moved to Oklahoma with my mom and dad and we've been here ever since. That was back in 1988, hubby went back into the Military on Recruiting Duty, and the military moved us all around Oklahoma. Now hubby retired from the military and working for FAA and we finally settled down and bought a house and this is were well be until it's our time. I'm not moving no more unless they take our home away...LOL So I guess I came back from where I started!
Old 10-24-2011, 01:41 AM

I was born and raised in Iowa, have lived in California, Oregon, and been in Indiana since 1985. Not military, just gypsy I guess.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:21 AM

Born in Nevada, lived in Utah, Montana, Calif, Ariz, and finally landed in Ind.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:32 AM

Woopsie.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:33 AM

I still live in the state (Maryland) I was born and grew up in. I live in a different city, about 30 minutes away from where I was born/grew up. Never had any desire to move to another state. Maryland has a little of everything in it...why move?
Old 10-24-2011, 03:34 AM

Not living in the same continent I was born in. (In fact, moved from Europe to Australia, so not even in a neighboring continent.) Similar society though, so it is not as 'far' as some closer places would feel. As my name implies, I like to try different things, and that includes different places. I plan to keep moving for as long as my health is good and we still find joy in meeting the unexpected.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Gerbie
Originally Posted by quiltmau
Born in California-5th generation-spent time in all the western states as my grandfather had itchy feet. Joined the Navy-got married-had kids-moved from MD to Fl back to CA then back to MD over to PA then to CO. Divorced - was talked into marrying again (different man-better man) four years later-moved to Hong Kong then Australia-14 years later- now in CT. Told DH if we move again I will shoot him!!
Love Southern New England.
I sure hope you don't have to move again, I would hate to read about one of our own on the board being on trial. lol
Just kidding-I love him to bits --but he is a MAN and can be a trial!
What's that old saying, Can't live with them but can't shoot them!! LOL
Old 10-24-2011, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by gollytwo
I grew up in NYC and lived in the house I was born in (not literally, however) most of my life, Bought a 2 family house with my ex. I moved to NH in 1996 when I was sixty; he came up 2 years later.
I live in MA but have been up to Keene several times. There used to be a quilt shop that I went to. Can't remember the name of it. We always ate lunch on the main street in a little restaruant that I think was owned by a Greek family. They served good food.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:33 PM

I was born in Geneva and still live here 71 years later. We raised our family of three about 3 miles from where I was raised. I also taught for 30 years in the same school I graduated from. Saddly they just demolished it, as they have built a new one. I am on the reunion committee and in the Historical Society as the school was named for Platt R. Spencer known for his Spencerian penmanship. All of my children and grandchildren live nearby.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:34 PM

Born and raised in OK and lived most of my life there. Now I live in Kansas because God brought a wonderful man into my life.