Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Did you see it?

Blog Entries

Did you see it?

DH and I went to the theater and watch the new movie, "Son of God." My DH said afterwards that he thinks it is the best of all the Biblical films over the years. I think it is an excellent film and quite well done. The actors wore rags instead of colorful pricey garments. The scenery was barren and not full of green plants. The acting is top notch. Have you seen it? What did you think of it?

Worth going to see. Very realistic.

Blog Entries
    Have not seen it advertised.

I have only heard terrible reviews of this movie, but l usually don't listen to the critics and make my own choices about what to go see.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie C View Post
    I have only heard terrible reviews of this movie, but l usually don't listen to the critics and make my own choices about what to go see.
    I would question "who" reviewed it. Consider the source. I want to go see it.
    sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Blog Entries
    On my list to see.
    Just passing through!

Blog Entries
    We're going to see it. I don't listen to reviewers who often have their own agenda.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

I watched The Bible when it was on the first time around. Why is Son of God in theaters? Our closest one is an hour away so will have to wait for the DVD. Oh, well.
    Never outsmart your common sense.

Karen

No where around here yet.......but did see Philomena, excellent movie..love Judy D.

Looking forward to seeing it!
    Julie
    Good friends are like stars; you don't always see them, but you know they're always there!

I read about it and that it is supposed to be superb, so when it comes locally I would love to see it. Supposedly more religious based movies are coming to the big screen ... what a nice change, instead of foul mouthed movies. It is so frustrating to see a great movie that even some kids would benefit from but cannot take them because the language is horrific or they toss in one 'mature audience' scene .. so sad.
    Warm quilt hugs, Sue in CA
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PostCardMailArt

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death....Rosalind Russell

Haven't seen it yet, but sure want to. Will be watching for it to hit this area.

Blog Entries
    I heard comments on the news and they said so many people were in tears in the theatre.

I watched the mini series The Bible when it was on last year and I loved it. I just ordered the DVD so my 87 yr. old sweet mother can watch it with me. I am praying the movie is a BIG hit financially and spiritually!!

I only wish the same people made the new Noah movie that is coming out. But from what I've heard it is NOT Biblically base other than the ark being built and the flood but not for the same reason why God did it.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

I want to see this one, and I saw one advertised called Noah, with Russell crow. Would like to see it also!

That's at the very top of my list.

Blog Entries
    if there is more than one movie, then I may have misspoke.

On my must see list. I hope that it will be a blockbuster and they will make more biblical movies.
    I understand that the movie Noah is loosely based so not sure I will go to this movie.

Thanks for letting us know. Sounds interesting.

Definitely want to see. I agree about the nasty content of movies nowadays.
    Lori

Our Friday Night Boys (teen Bible/book study) went last Friday and my nine year old and I went also. It was terrific. It wasn't just the miniseries from last year. It was a continuation of filming that was a 2-1/2 hr. movie. My kids truly enjoyed it. The teens had a lot of good to say about it. It pretty closely followed the Bible. There was (obviously) a lot left out for time purposes. When eight teen boys, a ten year old and two adults all thought it was very well thought out, well filmed, that's pretty good. It wasn't as bloody as Passion but still got the point across. It was enough that my ten year old was truly near tears and couldn't believe how poorly Jesus was treated. Very good film.

Can't wait to see it.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
    I would question "who" reviewed it. Consider the source. I want to go see it.
    sandy
    The web site Rottentomatoes.com compiles reviews from publications throughout the U.S. The full reviews are all available on the site. This way, you are not getting the opinion of only one reviewer. The site summarizes all the reviews and gives a rating -- either "fresh" (that's good) or "rotten" to the movie based on the consensus. This film has 57 reviews, 13 "fresh" and 44 "rotten" for an overall ratig of 23 percent. For comparison, "Haunt" got a 33 percent ratng and "The Grand Budapest Hotel" got 89 perccent.
    "Accomplishment is a consequence of effort" -- Michael Crichton

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Spencer View Post
    I want to see this one, and I saw one advertised called Noah, with Russell crow. Would like to see it also!
    "Noah" is being criticized for not being 100% Biblical. However, I heard on the news this morning that Muslims are against it. So I intend to go see and make up my own mind.

Glad you enjoyed the movie we have wanted to go see it but have not had the chance yet. Thanks for the information on it and thanks everyone else for replying!
    Age is mind over matter.......if you don't mind ........it doesn't matter! 😂
    Nancy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast