Disappointed

Old 04-09-2010, 09:07 AM

So, this isn't really a big drama, but I just finished my second quilt ever and it was a baby quilt I made for an old friend and his fiance for their new baby.
I spent a lot of time and money on it, and although it was a good practice quilt, it was always meant to be a gift to them and a lot of thought went into it. Once their daughter was born I put her name and birthdate on the label and sent it off Tuesday.
I sent a message to him via Facebook letting him know a package was coming and he replied to me saying thanks, even though he didn't know what it was.
The package should have arrived Wednesday and I haven't heard anything at all and am just a little disappointed that he either didn't like it at all, or didn't send a quick message to say it's arrived or say thanks again once he saw it.
Am I expecting too much?
Old 04-09-2010, 09:09 AM

Maybe if your country is like ours the postal office has some bad points about it. They don't always deliver when they say they will. Give him time and he will probably respond soon.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:10 AM

It could be just a "guy" thing ~ he doesn't realize that he needs to at least let you know that it got there!
I would write on his wall in Facebook & ask him if the package got there OK.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:13 AM
Pam

I agree! Sometimes doing the proper thing gets put off. Maybe he is just hoping to catch you on chat of facebook to say thanks "in person".
Old 04-09-2010, 09:15 AM

Hope you find out soon.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:16 AM

True, maybe. It's just that he's normally very quick to send me either text messages or messages on Facebook, but I'm probably just being paranoid. I have been so excited about the quilt and the thought of them loving it that it never occurred to me that they may not be as excited.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:32 AM

They may just be too busy with the new bundle of joy. Give it some time. Maybe in a week or two, send him another message just to ask, if he received it.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by mytwopals
They may just be too busy with the new bundle of joy. Give it some time. Maybe in a week or two, send him another message just to ask, if he received it.
I agree - first babies are not only a lot of work, but hard to make yourself do much else but stare at them! Let's see, go stare at this wonderful person who has come into our lives or look on a computer. I choose babies over computers every time.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Marjpf
Originally Posted by mytwopals
I agree - first babies are not only a lot of work, but hard to make yourself do much else but stare at them! Let's see, go stare at this wonderful person who has come into our lives or look on a computer. I choose babies over computers every time.
Ditto -- but if you can't wait that long (yeah, I know, my nerves get frayed if I just don't know if a package has arrived or not), give them a phone call....
Old 04-09-2010, 09:51 AM

My first thought was that their brains may just be so fried withthe new little one that the thought just trully escaped him to let you know that the package arrived ok. I'm sure they loved the quilt and you are worrying too much about if they will like it or not. Call them!