Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Dishwasher - which one is the best >

Dishwasher - which one is the best

Dishwasher - which one is the best

Old 07-05-2011, 04:18 AM

When we remodeled our kitchen a few years ago, I got a Kitchenaide Dw. The silverware basket is along the side so I can put large bowls in it.it also has the stainless inside which is recommended if you have hard water. I love it. I didn't want the silverware Basket in the door cuz my MIl had that in her whirlpool and it didn't hold very much. In our house on the lake, we have an old mayday. The house was built in '93so it's probably that old too the silverware basket is right in the middle in the front and the wash arm thingy pops up in the middle next to it so I can't put anything very large in there. But I don't complain much about my dishwashers b/c this is the first time I've had one and I love them!
Old 07-05-2011, 04:37 AM

I'm very happy with my Bosch dishwasher.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:10 AM

I work for Sears.I sell these all day.The higher end Kenmores are the best for the money.The kenmore are always in the top 10 in consmer reports.I always tell my customers to get the 3 year warranty.If you dont use it in the 1st year you can can.and get all your money back.Make sure you tell the salesperson everything you want the dishwasher to do.if you have questions I might be able to answer just let me know.Good luck.:)
Old 07-05-2011, 06:50 AM

The best is someone other then myself- The kidsa do it but then there is always the inside of the cup or the back of the plate that didn't get cleaned- wel, they still aren't getting out of it
Old 07-05-2011, 06:55 AM

I love my KitchenAid. I can barely hear it when it runs, so different from my old Whirlpool!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 07-05-2011, 07:03 AM

I have a Whirlpool mid range price (about $400) and it cleans beautifully. It's so quiet I have to check to see if it's running. We got it about 6 months ago. I've had Whirlpool dishwashers for years and have always been pleased with them. I find the type of DW detergent makes a difference too.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:03 AM

I hear that Whirlpool makes them all now, just gives them the other names.
I had to worry about size and was limited. Had a Matag, 25 years old.
I had to take a whirlpool, but love it. so far.
Bosch is expensive and the racks are made for European size plates, not stoneware, or at least that is the way it was explained.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:13 AM

My husband bought me my first dishwasher (which he had been griping about for the past 20 years - he wanted me to have one - I always said no) for Christmas. It is a GE portable. I love it! Love it! Love it! I wash dishes twice a week (just the two of us), the dishes are spotless (of course you have to rinse them off, but then you do that with all of them) and the top makes a super sideboard, of which I only have a total of 24" and this has added another 26" to my total work space.

It is very quiet, works like a charm and I don't know why I waited so long, other than I never would have had this one. Edie
Old 07-05-2011, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by wisconsin
I hear that Whirlpool makes them all now, just gives them the other names.
I had to worry about size and was limited. Had a Matag, 25 years old.
I had to take a whirlpool, but love it. so far.
Bosch is expensive and the racks are made for European size plates, not stoneware, or at least that is the way it was explained.
One of the reasons I love my Bosch is that the racks are very flexible and fit my stoneware nicely. The Mieles, however, seem to be a little more geared towards fine china.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Edie
I wash dishes twice a week (just the two of us), the dishes are spotless (of course you have to rinse them off, but then you do that with all of them) and the top makes a super sideboard, of which I only have a total of 24" and this has added another 26" to my total work space.
Actually, if you are using one of the newer, enzyme based, dishwashing detergents, you shouldn't rinse the dishes. The enzymes need something to work on and if the plates are too clean they will start etching any glassware that is in the DW.