Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do all quilters have a cat? >

Do all quilters have a cat?

Do all quilters have a cat?

Old 08-05-2010, 09:14 AM
tmw

yes, your grammar is pretty blunt. dogs are the ones that stink.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:18 AM

Cats are come when they like and go when they like, take some love and kisses and talk and they could care less about the rest of what is happening around you. On the other hand, Dogs LIKE you, WANT you, NEED, you, LOOK at you, all the things that at time will take you away from quilting and other things that you may love to do. So you have to love them just a touch more than cats. Even though cats are loved with all our hearts (I have a very black one) they are a different breed.
But those of you that have long hair cats, I don't know how you do it. I had one and hair was every where, no matter how much the cat was groomed. More power to ya.
I am sorry to say I lean more the dog way. Have two wonderful little fellow that lay at my fee and look up so forlornly think(when the heck is she going to finish so we can have her attention).
As I told my grandson as long as it didn't have more than 4 legs and didn't squiggle across the floor I would love it.
He seems to like those.....:)
Old 08-05-2010, 09:22 AM

I have a doggie and two elderly ferrets :) No cats here.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:55 AM

3 cats here :)
Old 08-05-2010, 09:58 AM

Not me, either. I just have a dog, which by the way hates cats. :lol:
Old 08-05-2010, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by stefanib123
I swear, almost every quilter I know has a cat!

My baby only has 3 legs, but he can quilt with the best of them! LOL! I keep a wicker basket of material under my sewing desk and he loves to sleep there. He will occasionally reach out and swipe my material and bat it, but for the most part he lays there and sleeps. He's a very lazy cat, and was like that before his accident.

ETA: He lost his back leg. He never goes outside, since hes' been declawed, but one night after I went to bed, the boys must have accidentally let him out, and the next morning my husband found him on our steps missing his leg. He was hit by the train that goes by our house! He recovered well and is fine now.

Sometimes, I'll go in there and find he's played with my thread on my machine! He'll have it unraveled and knotted up.

When I spread out a quilt on the floor, he comes flying and jumps on it. Never fails.

Here he is:
He is so georgeous! Very sad to hear what happened to him but very happy he is better!! And yes We have 4 cats, our oldest Brandy- a calico is 17, Prince our only boy is an orange tabby 9 yrs old, then the girls/sisters bothe are 1 yr old, Nila is black and white with long hair and my little baby who was the runt of the litter is Kricket she is white with spots of gray and black. She sleeps with me every night under the covers. They are all sweet as can be. Nila loves to get on top of my cutting table and lay down and got to sleep, then when I catch her and get her down there is black and white hair everywhere!!! :thumbdown: But gotta love um! :thumbup:
Old 08-05-2010, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
Nope, no cats. Horribly allergic to the things (dogs, horses, etc too). I do have a pet button quail though. Maybe I shouldn't post this on a cat page... lol... don't want any of them to eat the quail :)
OH! How Sweet! :mrgreen:
Old 08-05-2010, 10:41 AM

No cats or dogs. Just my mother and father-in-law !!! That's enough :-)
Old 08-05-2010, 10:49 AM

I love my "grandkitties" as my two twenty somethings call their cats. I'm too allergic to have them in my house but I love Cassie and Sofi!!
Old 08-05-2010, 10:58 AM

We have a cat outside. SHe is a stray that my husband feeds. I love animals but now that all the kids and grandkids have moved out I just enjoy doing what I want to do when I want to do it. Also if we want to go out of town for a few days I don't have to find someone to take care of them. I guess I am a little selfish at 64.