Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you decorate for Halloween? >

Do you decorate for Halloween?

Do you decorate for Halloween?

Old 10-04-2010, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I have been working on decorations for outside. We have a bunch of kids in the apartment building I live in and they love it when I decorate for Halloween, thanksgiving and Christmas. I will post pictures when I'm done but I want to know if anyone else does this too. If you have pic's post them for us to see, please.
We do a thing at our church called Trunks of Treats. The idea is to provide a safe environment for the neighborhood kids to trick or treat, and it gives us evangelism opportunities. We decorate the trunks or rear decks of our vehicles and line up the cars in the parking lot and pass out candy. It's a lot of fun!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I have been working on decorations for outside. We have a bunch of kids in the apartment building I live in and they love it when I decorate for Halloween, thanksgiving and Christmas. I will post pictures when I'm done but I want to know if anyone else does this too. If you have pic's post them for us to see, please.
My DH is crazy with Halloween. I've had to give him an allowance each year that he can't go over for Halloween deco's. But the kids in the neighborhood love it. We don't have kids home any more, just my DH. LOL
Attached Thumbnails attachment-108216.jpe   attachment-108217.jpe   attachment-108218.jpe  
Old 10-04-2010, 09:22 AM

Decorate .... yes

Celebrate........no

Hated this holiday since I had to get 4 kids ready in costume and "Trick or Treat" the neighbor kiddies at the same time.

But decorating is something different..
don't overdo but love pumpkins, wall hangings and lots of candles........
and most all can be used throughout the Thanksgiving holiday
Old 10-04-2010, 09:22 AM

Decorate .... yes

Celebrate........no

Hated this holiday since I had to get 4 kids ready in costume and "Trick or Treat" the neighbor kiddies at the same time.

But decorating is something different..
don't overdo but love pumpkins, wall hangings and lots of candles........
and most all can be used throughout the Thanksgiving holiday
Old 10-04-2010, 03:00 PM

Not much call for it over here but I agree with your efforts to make life fun and interesting during the year. A bunch of friends and myself always get together to work out a new theme for how Santa or the Easter bunny can arrive at his destination (i.e. OUR PLACE) each year. We rigged up a fake mountain one year and each child had a chance to look for the 'secret burrow' which was full of eggs. There were dummy bunny trails to follow. They were made of chocolate coated peanuts. Of course, the finder of the cache is bound to distribute and share with everyone!
Old 10-04-2010, 04:19 PM

No I don't. The mall here does the candy thing for thekids and it works out really well. I bought candy for several years and no kids came down my street.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:23 PM

We use to but then the kids don't come in our neighborhood so I've stopped decorating the last couple of years. All the kids in our neighborhood are grown and plus we are a small neighborhood and everyone drive's to the bigger ones.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Power Poster

Yes I do decorate I have lighted decorations and orange lights on the hand railings.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:22 PM

I love any Holiday and I have aleady decorated. I also have my quilts displayed on my front porch. People are stopping by to buy pumpkins and pot holders and hopefully quilts. Some have taken pictures as they love the display. I will post when I get to it. My children are 43 and 41 and they have children 7/9/11/14/16/18. We all love Halloween. Home is where our Love grows. Lets enjoy the seasons together. Happy Halloween to All.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:46 PM

I like Halloween and Autumn in general, so yes, I decorate.
Nothing too ghoulish for Halloween, but we love carving jack o'lanterns! We used to host Halloween parties for our nephew when he was younger, too.