Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you decorate the bathroom with quilted items?

I just moved into a place with a large bathroom and am wondering if any of you put quilted items in the bathroom. I would love to see some pictures.

Thank you,
    Pat

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I haven't yet but I have thought about it. Oh wait, I did do 1 thing. I took and old basket and covered it in sunflower fabric, it is where I keep toilet paper. My bathroom is done in sunflowers.

I hang a quilt up every once in a while, but there isn't one in there now. I just find that they need to be washed more that others because of the moisture.

currently living outside of nashville, tn
    only at christmas. In the powder room. I have a small wall hanging done in neutrals. Candles. or angels? hahaha... I already forget. :-p

I have a stand that holds the old wash bowl & pitcher that has a bar across it for a towel, but I have a small quilt folded on it.

I had a big bathroom im TX that was tiled. It needed more to cut the echo and started a quilt but never got it up as we had to move. Just finished it and plan to hang in new bathroom as soon as I figure out how I want to hang it.

I have a friend who has a yoyo scarf on back of her commode. I thought it was so cute I am making one for mine.

I have visions in my head of quilty things being in every room of my house. Time gets away from from me and I loose sight of that every once in awhile. But a girl can dream...right?? =)

pab

Blog Entries
    Sure! I have a quilted shower curtain and use it with a liner on the backside.I guess you might quilt the tank cover??

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pab
    Sure! I have a quilted shower curtain and use it with a liner on the backside.I guess you might quilt the tank cover??
    So do I and here's the posting for mine

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-30692-1.htm

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    My daughter uses a store bought quilt for a shower curtain, has for years.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I have quilts folded on on a cabinet in the bathroom, One hanging on the main wall and one in front of the seat with cute toilet paper rolls on it. Called, On a Roll. There's actually not one wall or shelf in my house without quilty things on it. I love my quilts. Even all the beds and pillow shams. My friends say it looks like a quilt retreat in here LOL. Merry Christmas to all.

I am planning on making a quilted frog wall hanging for my sons' bathroom - as well as a quilted shower curtain valance...

In my bathroom, I already have one long skinny quilt hanging up. I am going to be paper piecing a dragonfly quilt from the Paper Pieced Nature Quilts book.

I'm thinking about making quilted or sewn toilet toppers and maybe a nice cover for a spare roll....

Hey. If I can think it and I find the time, I'll make it :D

Dix
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    I have quilts folded on on a cabinet in the bathroom, One hanging on the main wall and one in front of the seat with cute toilet paper rolls on it. Called, On a Roll. There's actually not one wall or shelf in my house without quilty things on it. I love my quilts. Even all the beds and pillow shams. My friends say it looks like a quilt retreat in here LOL. Merry Christmas to all.
    Debbie,
    My kids say "No one will get cold at Mom's cause there is a quilt on every chair, couch and hanging on every door."

BMP
    Blog Entries
    How do you hang a quilt for a shower curtain, I like the idea but isnt it heavy and how do you 'hook' it on the rod ???

I have a small quilted wallhanging in my bathroom- first embellished quilt I did, it was fun

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMP
    How do you hang a quilt for a shower curtain, I like the idea but isnt it heavy and how do you 'hook' it on the rod ???
    For starters, reason #1 to make a shower curtain--my tub is 6' long. I used a metal closet rod that's screwed into the studs on the end walls. (DH wanted it to stay up-told me to come up with a sturdy way to hang a quilted shower curtain!) I used a lightweight flannel as filler so it's not as heavy as a standard quilt. I think it measures 80 x 80". I sewed ties to the top end and tied them to the rod. Yes has a plastic liner, too. One could also put grommets in the top or sew large button holes and regular curtain rings.

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Several years ago, I found the perfect quilt for the bathroom. I bought it and it hangs over the back of the toilet. It's 3 different toilet paper rolls! One is full, paper coming off b ack, another is full paper off front & the middle one is an empty T-paper tube still hanging with 1 sheet left on it! The room is reall small, but I'll try to get a pic of it.

I have a very old (maybe 28 years) appliqued wall hanging of a cat next to a watermelon. Plus I have a valance that includes another appliqued cat block--made that maybe three or four years ago. I have seen some really cute quilted bathroom rugs and if I had the right type of shower enclosure, I'd love a quilt there.

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Here is a pic of the quilt. It was also my first attempt at machine applique. If I could find the pattern, I'd probably do it over to soften the hard corners.

Color is a little washed out
    Name:  Attachment-144925.jpe
Views: 31
Size:  45.3 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Here is a pic of the quilt. It was also my first attempt at machine applique. If I could find the par=ttern, I'd probably do it over to soften the hard corners.
    LOL Mine would always be the middle roll of TP. And don't be so hard on yourself. No one saw your "mistakes"!

My daughter made a Black, white and red wall hanging for her bathroom. It has ladybugs on it and that is her bathroom's theme. (She even had RED walls!!!!) So you can put them in a bathroom.

Vicky

I have 2 beautiful small quilts in my bathroom. I'm happy and so are they.

Thank you so much for all the ideas and even the picture! Now to get busy.....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast