Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
do you ever have a day you don't remember? >

do you ever have a day you don't remember?

do you ever have a day you don't remember?

Old 07-31-2011, 05:23 AM

Hosta, I hope that you are feeling better and this never happens to you again. Your family must have been very frightened. I also live in the Maryland/Pennsylvania area and the last 3 weeks the heat and humidity here has been brutal. I know myself I don't feel well in all this heat, even inside with the air conditioner going. Plesse try to find a way to have some medical tests done. If it is blood pressure a very inexpensive pill can get that taken care of in most cases. It is so sad that in this country where so many have so much, that a person has to go without medical care and tests that they need. We need change in this country very badly. Good luck and please take care of yourself.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:15 AM

Go to the doctor. Six years ago I was watching a movie on TV and my grand son was on my computer and when movie was over I felt funny and told my grandson to "catch me if I fall] I knew something was wrong. I headed for the bathroom and on the way hollered at my husband who was in living room to take me to hospital that something wasn't quite right to make story short I had a TIA. I guess one thing I am a retired nurse so I new to get to hospital immediately when things don't "add up" Time makes a difference. I still have times of short member but if I stopped and think it comes back to me.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:16 AM

Go to the doctor. Six years ago I was watching a movie on TV and my grand son was on my computer and when movie was over I felt funny and told my grandson to "catch me if I fall] I knew something was wrong. I headed for the bathroom and on the way hollered at my husband who was in living room to take me to hospital that something wasn't quite right to make story short I had a TIA. I guess one thing I am a retired nurse so I new to get to hospital immediately when things don't "add up" Time makes a difference. I still have times of short member but if I stopped and think it comes back to me.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:25 AM

I've had a day like that when I had my stroke in 2006. Dr said I probably had been having small strokes for awhile and just didn't realize it. Please be careful and take care of yourself. Hugs... :lol: :) :D
Old 07-31-2011, 06:47 AM

My sister had something similar to what you had, but it didn't last as long. She went to the doctor and got checked out, everything was ok. Doctor told her that sometimes people have brain farts and figured that is what she had.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by luckylindy333
Originally Posted by Painiacs
Yep. Go to ER!!
and take an aspirin immediately when you start having symptoms!
I'm sorry, I wouldn't take aspirin unless told to do so by a doctor; it doesn't fix everything and can do harm in some circumstances. Do go to the ER; have hubby drive you if you are afraid of the ambulance's bill; it can be high. Check around your area; we have a hospital here that if you fill out a form when going in that says you can't pay then they'll not send you a bill; no it's not a county hopsital; I don't think we have a "county" hospital. Also; years ago my son a paralizing disease that thankfully he was able to come out of but had a huge hospital bill and not too much in the funds dept. The hospital told him to go to Social Services and fill out forms and they'd help take care of the bill. There are always ways but please tell your whole family don't ever let you lie in bed like that again; it could be dangerous. Doctors want to see the symptons while they are happening.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:33 AM

Has anyone heard from her?
Old 07-31-2011, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by luckylindy333
Originally Posted by Painiacs
Yep. Go to ER!!
and take an aspirin immediately when you start having symptoms!
Not if it's a stroke. Strokes are bleeding in the brain, and if you thin the blood with asprin, you're going to have more issues.
I don't think that is accurate but I would check with a medical person before using.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:16 AM

My daughter had an episode while at the grocery store years ago and couldn't do math or talk right. Went to the ER and they diagnosed it as migraine. I didn't believe it and insisted she get a follow up. After hours at the hosp the next day they too said migraine. A girl my sister worked with would forget where she lived and how to call when she had her migraines. But 3 days is what makes it so worrisome. Good luck and hopefully you won't have it again. Take care.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:18 AM

If your hospital participates in the Hill-Burton act (as most of them do), they have to treat you whether you have insurance or can pay or not. Never hurts to ask.