Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
do you ever have a day you don't remember? >

do you ever have a day you don't remember?

do you ever have a day you don't remember?

Old 07-31-2011, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by luckylindy333
Originally Posted by Painiacs
Yep. Go to ER!!
and take an aspirin immediately when you start having symptoms!
An aspirin is recommended for a heart attack, but if this were a stroke, it could be one of 2 kinds...a clot for which the aspirin would be beneficial or a "bleed" which aspirin would be not be such a good thing to take. Always go to the ER with these symptoms...please! We want you around and quilting!!!
Old 07-31-2011, 03:52 PM

My MIL did this too. Her blood sugar was way to high.

Get your Blood Pressure checked. It shouldn't cost you anything at the Dr.'s office as the nurses do it for free. Wouldn't hurt to get your Blood sugar tested to.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:49 PM

I had a TIA but I remember it. It started with a very bad headache. I was taking two friends out for lunch on New Year's Day a few years ago, and I was telling them about the headache. They started to ask me questions, and all I could do was laugh and mumble. I was trying to answer but I just couldn't. It was horribly scary. It went away after about an hour, but I still worry about it.

I think it was stress-induced, it hasn't happened again... but I'd be very concerned if I couldn't remember it and it lasted so long.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by JudieRQuilting
Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by luckylindy333
Originally Posted by Painiacs
Yep. Go to ER!!
and take an aspirin immediately when you start having symptoms!
Not if it's a stroke. Strokes are bleeding in the brain, and if you thin the blood with asprin, you're going to have more issues.
I don't think that is accurate but I would check with a medical person before using.
Asprin is recommended for heart attacks...strokes are a result of bleeding, and the LAST thing you want to do when you're bleeding is to thin the blood and retard clotting so that you bleed more...but yeah...ask your doctor. :)
If you take asprin, you may alter the help you can receive from anyone. Call the hospital FIRST!
Old 07-31-2011, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by RamblingRose
Hosta , I know how this feels ,the same thing happen to me 12 years ago, but be sure to go to the ER as soon as you start feeling anything like this again. You are decribing the exact thing that happen to me, And I had a 95% blockage in the right side of my brain, I had to be transported to New York for serg.,but was about two years in theropy and rehab, I am thanking GOD ! I servived.
We thank him for all of you.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:02 PM
Dee

I had a TIA couple years ago and went to the ER.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by meemersmom
Glad you're feeling better now, but please, please, please don't ever wait if this happens again. As a matter of fact, have someone call 911 right away. If you go to an ER on an ambulance, you go to the front of the line, especially with symptoms like what you described. Treat first, ask questions later. All hospitals are obligated by law to evaluate, treat, and stabilize you, regardless of your insurance status. A private hospital will then try to transfer you to a public facility if you have no insurance. Public hospitals all have indigent funds, or will work with you on reducing your bill to something you can afford, or setting up a payment plan at the very least. Your health is too important to just wait and see what happens. I don't mean to scare you, but you were lucky this time. If you look around, you can find a facility with a Partners in Prevention program which provides, free of charge, routine health and screening services for women with no insurance or who are unable to pay. Please explore these options!!!
Exactly!!!! You lucked out this time.......don't ever let money or the lack of, come before your health. Sudden emergency health issues three weeks ago have put us in debt for who knows how long but my husband says his lost one wife (to cancer) and he doesn't want to lose another one.......
Old 08-01-2011, 03:31 AM

If you ever have the symptoms again, get to an emergency room immediately. You are very luck to have done so well but this could happen again and the outcome could be very different if not treated immediately. If you have these symptoms the ambulance (or your family) should take you to the nearest "stroke certified" hospital where they are train, staffed and equipped to deal quickly with strokes. You do not want to wait and see with these symptoms!!!!!

Strokes can be caused by clots/blockage or by bleeding. Never take aspirin for stroke symptoms because you cannot determine the cause on your own.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:07 AM

Glad you are feeling better. Since everyone's medical issues are so different, you should really be checked out by a physician now, and not wait for another episode. With your description of symptoms, tests should be run to determine what caused this. I would not take any additional over the counter meds until they determine what has happened to you. I wish you the best and will say a prayer for your good health.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:03 PM

Let us know how you are doing.