Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
do you ever have a day you don't remember? >

do you ever have a day you don't remember?

do you ever have a day you don't remember?

Old 07-31-2011, 09:28 AM

Never happened to me but I wish your family had taken you to the er while you were having symptoms. Please find another health care professional to take care of you.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy
Wow it does sound like you had a transient ischemic attack (TIA). The fact that it lasted 3 days is very scary. Is there some county health clinic you can go to? It is possible this can be helped by medication. If it should happen again, they should take you to an ER while it happens and not wait for 3 days. Insurance or not, you can end up severely disabled.
Please follow this advice. I am worried about you. I had the same thing happen over a number of weeks, but did not seek help because of no insurance also, but the cerebral hemorage nearly killed me. This is serious!
Old 07-31-2011, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by JudieRQuilting
Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by luckylindy333
Originally Posted by Painiacs
Yep. Go to ER!!
and take an aspirin immediately when you start having symptoms!
Not if it's a stroke. Strokes are bleeding in the brain, and if you thin the blood with asprin, you're going to have more issues.
I don't think that is accurate but I would check with a medical person before using.
Asprin is recommended for heart attacks...strokes are a result of bleeding, and the LAST thing you want to do when you're bleeding is to thin the blood and retard clotting so that you bleed more...but yeah...ask your doctor. :)
Old 07-31-2011, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Hosta
we went too Maryland to my son's for a week I went to bed with a headache on Monday and don't remember anything for the next three days. My husband said I was talking all weird dropping things they made me use a sippy cup cause I kept dropping cups. after three days I started remembering the day but it was off and on. went to the dr when we got home he said he couldn't do any tests because we have no insurance but I had no symptoms of a stroke. I still have no memory of anything of those three days. Has this ever happened to any of you?
As a nurse, I feel you should be concerned. Sounds like a possible sm. stroke. Or there are other conditions that could result in your memory loss for that long. The fact that you started with a headache is serious.
It could be an early warning. If you go to an emergency rm. they have to treat you. I lived with my husb's having strokes for yrs. so even one mispronounced word was a signal to me.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:00 AM

Hosta , I know how this feels ,the same thing happen to me 12 years ago, but be sure to go to the ER as soon as you start feeling anything like this again. You are decribing the exact thing that happen to me, And I had a 95% blockage in the right side of my brain, I had to be transported to New York for serg.,but was about two years in theropy and rehab, I am thanking GOD ! I servived.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:02 AM

thanks for all the help I told my husband if it happens again to call 911 immediately and he won't let me drive anymore and tries not to leave me alone My Dr did change some of my meds just in case they were causing the problem. But we are watching all the times for anymore problems.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:34 AM

Still think about seeing a neurologist if you can. Take care and I hope you have no more issues.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:49 PM

Please go to ER if that ever happens again. I worked for a hospital and they have to take you as a patient. They cannot turn you away. They will get social services to work things out with you or you will not get a bill. They have to do a certain amount of charity work to keep their hospital status.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy
Wow it does sound like you had a transient ischemic attack (TIA). The fact that it lasted 3 days is very scary. Is there some county health clinic you can go to? It is possible this can be helped by medication. If it should happen again, they should take you to an ER while it happens and not wait for 3 days. Insurance or not, you can end up severely disabled.
I agree, you really need to have test run. Check with your hospital to find out if there is a clinic or organization in your area that helps people without insurance? I don't want to scare you but this could be a syptom of a greater problem. If it happens again get to ER immediatley. Good luck hope you can get it resolved.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:18 PM

What were they thinking?!!!! Never ever ignore symptoms that you had! Promise next time, lets hope there isn't one ( but there could be), you will get to the nearest Emergency Room as fast as possible! This is serious stuff!