Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you have a business/personal card that you leave? >

Do you have a business/personal card that you leave?

Do you have a business/personal card that you leave?

Old 09-10-2012, 06:33 PM

Not at all, I had a bunch made up for my hubby - he was always wanting to get contact info and giving his info - it was just easier to give out cards - these are personal and not business cards - it really is a time saver.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:21 PM

When my husband and I worked, we had business cards. When we retired, we ordered some from Vista Print. They had a lot of styles to choose from. I just picked one I liked and added the info I wanted on them. They are really inexpensive and I use them all the time, especially at quilt shows or at quilt classes where I meet someone I want to continue talking with. Mine don't have a quilting theme, but I really like them. My husband has his own. They are really handy. We both use them a fair amount.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:26 PM
Power Poster

Great idea.....I have some, just plain white with my name, telephone numbers and my abn number (Australian Business Number). I had them printed when I went on sabbatical from my usual occupation....just in case I did some consulting work. Love the idea of the quilt patterns going on them...
Old 09-11-2012, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by sandyl View Post
We are heading out to a class reunion (50 years, and yes I'm old) and thinking about taking some cards with info on it so that others can stay in touch. We also travel frequently and thought that might not be a bad idea to have for friends we meet along the way. Is this a dorky idea? If you have cards would you mind sharing a snapshot of what you use?
Sandy
I haven't printed up my new cards, but can tell you about others that I have had and gotten from others. Some people have given me cards with pictures on them of them selves. Have gotten others with pictures of something that they have seen or like a lot. Have seen some with a print of something that the kids or grand kids have made or given them. I've also gotten cards with a quilt (print or picture), that the person has made even if they are not a business. My cards had prints of dogs on it with my dogs names and my name and phone number with e-mail. You are a quilter, think of it as a quilt (a part of you).
Old 09-11-2012, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by DebraK View Post
In the olden days, they were called calling cards.
exactly what I was thinking. I love the idea.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:07 PM

Quite a few "retirees" use them and I think it is great!

Marysewfun
Old 09-11-2012, 02:40 PM

That is a good idea.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:18 PM

My bachelor son tells me it is very acceptable to give a business card to a member of the opposite sex that you find attractive. For instance, someone you observe in a restaurant eating, or serving, and comment, that if they are interested they can call you and you could meet for a drink or for lunch sometime. He meets a lot of young eligible women this way; and, he tells me that professional young women give out their cards in the same manner.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Power Poster

What a great idea. Will start doing this also!

peace