Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you have a memory that is triggered by a tv show? >

Do you have a memory that is triggered by a tv show?

Do you have a memory that is triggered by a tv show?

Old 08-03-2010, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by hobo2000
Omg Saturday mornings, singing the Cream of wheat song and listening to "Lets Pretend", The Shadow and that sqeaking door, Edward R. Murrow and his trip on the mountains then I was 8 when we got TV black & white and 10" square. I watched Kukla, Fran & Ollie, another one something Bill with Clarabelle the clown. Oh what great memories. We should design a quilt with these memories.
That was the Howdy Duty show with Buffalo Bob and Clarabelle. You DO realize this definitely dates us, don't you?? lol The Statler Brothers have a song DO YOU REMEMBER THESE - it mentions all we have talked about here. Fond memories- makes me smile!!!
Old 08-03-2010, 11:16 PM
Banned

I don't have a lot of memorey left. When my lung clapsed the first time, I went with out oxegin to long, and dies in the ambulance. So a lot of my early memorey is gone. God bless. Penny
Old 08-04-2010, 02:51 AM

Gpt my love for Pro Wrestling from watching with my Dad who died when I was 9---whenever I watch(and I still do)he is right there with me. Also Saturday morning cowboy shows---guess that is where my love for them began.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:05 PM

Can't think of any from childhood, but some owhen my kids were little.Every time i hear the song.IF YOU THINK I'M SEXY BY ROD STEWART. ICAN SEE MY YOUNGEST DAUGHTER STANDING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BED WITH A HAIRBRUSH SINGING THIS SHE WAS4 YEARS OLD. NOW SHE'S 35 AND A RESEARCH SCIENTIST. WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT. ANOTER ONE IS LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRARIE.OUR 3RD DAUGHTER WAS 6 YEARS OLD AND LOVED THIS SHOW, BUT EVERY WEEK SHE WOULD CRY DURING THE SAD PARTS AND THEN CRY AGAIN WHEN THE SHOW WAS OVER. THIS UPSET HER DADDY SO MUCH ,HE DIDN'T WANT TO LET HE WATCH. SHE IS NOW38 AND AN RN. GOOD MEMORIES.