Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you like the climate/weather where you live? >

Do you like the climate/weather where you live?

Do you like the climate/weather where you live?

Old 08-21-2011, 07:52 AM

I moved to Illinois 2 years ago and I do love the 4 seasons. I wish the summer would last a little longer though. We are never "snowed in" as the roads are cleared right away. I miss Manhattan but if I went back, I would miss Illinois and having my grandkids just down the block!
Old 08-21-2011, 08:23 AM

I was given the advice " Bloom where you are planted" which thru the years have been quite a few. I try to enjoy my surroundings and get to know people in my neighborhood and church. I especially like to hear the childrens voices while they are playing, and also wake up to band music every morning while the high school band is practicing two blocks away. The climate doesn't annoy me one way or another, but hope you get adjusted soon.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:26 AM

i'm another Idahoan, raised in SO CAL, hate to go back except to visit my mother once a year. we are in the no central area about 80 miles from Lewiston, our closest big town. love the 4 seasons, our summer has been pleasant and the winters rarely below 0. we are retired, and there is never enough time to do everything we want!!
Old 08-21-2011, 09:04 AM

We're in San Diego, 8 blox from the beach. Very temperate, but sure could use more seasonal weather!
Old 08-21-2011, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by roselady
My husband retired a couple of years ago, and we think we want to move. We live where it is 90 - 105 degrees four to six months out of the year. You don't really want to spend much time outside in that. We are outdoor kind of people so we would love to move somewhere where it is nice to be outside 75% of the time. We also love the seasons, so we don't really want (nor can we afford) coastal California type living. Neither of us has lived in major snow areas, so we are a little hesitant to move to a place where we would be snowed in for 6 months of the year. Is there a place where it is NICE to be outside a large portion of the year???
I'm from the desert in W. Texas, now living in N. Texas, where weather is normally quite nice, but this year the heat has been pretty fierce. For great weather most of the time, investigate San Antonio, Texas. froggyintexas
Old 08-21-2011, 09:39 AM
Cyn

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
Originally Posted by Cyn
North Carolina has it all and it's not hard to get from one end to the next :)
NC would get my vote, too. Wilmington/Carolina Beach area would be my first pick. Ashville would be my second.
We live at the beach in Jacksonville and have a place in Blowing Rock in the mountains- Perfect!
Old 08-21-2011, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
I pretty much like the weather here in upstate NY - yes, even the snow - but if I could, I'd change it so that we had just one more month with leaves on the trees. As it is, we have green leaves 5 months, colorful leaves 1 month, and then... well, you gotta get used to black, white, gray, brown and taupe.

My taste in seasons, as in fabrics, runs more toward "colorful"!
I, too, live in upstate NY near Favorite Fabrics. She is indeed speaking the truth. We get a lot of 'bad raps' concerning the weather. My husband and I are both retired and when it snows..we say let it snow....we don't have to go out anyway. Friendly people, great small towns, close to shopping and beautiful scenery in the foot hills of the Alleghany mountains. Come on up!!!!!
Old 08-21-2011, 10:08 AM

Wrightwood, CA, aka "Land of Four Seasons," is just about perfect. http://wrightwoodcalifornia.com/coun...y/seasons.html

Click on "In the Spring..., As Summer approaches..., Days shorten as Fall..., and Chimneys warm as winter..."

Old 08-21-2011, 10:08 AM

We have loved living in Hawaii (Honolulu) for the past 15 years. The weather is fabulous and we do have seasons. We just have to watch for them as they are pretty subtle. Because it is so expensive to live here, we will retire back to where we came from (Boise, Idaho).
Old 08-21-2011, 10:28 AM

We live in Florida & no thanks. It is too hot & TOO HUMID. Can't stand to go out in the summer or 6-8 out of the year.Will be moving,hopefully, to MN soon. Most favorite place for us(We are 68 & 75) is Montana. It is beautiful, NO sales tax yes do have some snow & NO humidity. We did not even need AC when we lived there. Did NOT have all the bugs & insects only beautiful mountains & wildlife!! Every year we had a doe bring her twins (still with spots through our yard. We loved watching them.