Do you Spring Clean ?

Old 04-28-2012, 03:42 PM

Yes I do this annual right of passage.

At the moment it is a breeze as I only have 3 rooms to spring clean however I usually do the whole house in segments. 1 or 2 rooms a day until it is all done. It is very satisfying to have everything in order once again, fresh and deep cleaned.
When I spring clean it is the only time of the year when I remove absolutely everything to clean and dust, while the rest of the year I seem to only surface clean (as in I do not lift up the rugs, take down the curtains or blinds etc)

Maybe1day
Old 04-28-2012, 05:30 PM

Your sons sound like great guys and your idea is wonderful. More room for sewing is always a positive thing.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:35 PM

Great idea, have fun while doing it.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:01 AM

I say I'm going to and that seems to be all I do, LOL. with just me, my BF, and one child all who pick up after themselves, my house pretty much stays clean. Great you are moving to the living room. I did the same thing a few months ago and I love it. My old sewing room is now the living room, which we still never use. It made sense for me to use the larger space.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:54 AM

We are in the midst of a kitchen remodel. My whole house will need a good cleaning. Sheet rock dust everywhere. My living room is temporarily my kitchen. I've been without a stove for a couple of weeks. My house needs a really good cleaning...
Old 04-29-2012, 06:10 AM

I am guilty of spring cleaning in the Spring AND in the fall before we close the house up. I'm also one of those that will take a different room on Saturdays and pull everything out from the cabinets/closets and wipe things down. The room that gets done last, so is usually neglected...the Sewing Studio! By doing some of the bigger jobs on Saturdays, the Spring/Fall cleaning isn't as daunting....
Old 04-29-2012, 06:22 AM

Yea, I do spring clean. When the sun comes out and shines through the windows I can finally see accumulated cobwebs, dirty windows and walls that need to be cleaned or repainted. I have a love/hate affair with Spring.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:38 PM

I too made my Living and dining area into sewing studio... it is wonderful. I have 2 sewing stations...so have friends over who sew and also have taught many friends...and believe me, they are hooked. It is nice to have the space and I still have a den and 4 bedrooms available for living. I am in the process now of sorting fabrics...and it is a difficult job. The amazing thing is I have more than a little fabric....and I mostly know what it is. I would love to take pics but do not know how to upload to here... sigh... think I do not want to take the time to learn it. Anyway, it is nice when you live alone to be able to do exactly what suits your quilting passions. I make a few for sale, but like to make what I want to make...and then if someone likes it... then swell. I now have been commissioned to make a t shirt quilt and I am dragging my heels. Love coming here for advice and news.. seems as much fabric as I have I intend to live another 3,000 years. Happy Sunday night...G.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:30 AM

SPRING CLEAN????? Nah - but I did recently move my sewing room to my big bedroom and took all the stuff out of my living room. LR looks better AND clean now. But I can't find half my sewing stuff. Wahhhhh. It will take me for ever to get it all together. I sure do love to have it all together in one room.