Do you Spring Clean ?

Old 04-28-2012, 04:45 AM

Sounds like it will be great when it is completed!
Old 04-28-2012, 05:12 AM

It sounds like a wonderful idea! I do "Spring Clean" sometimes, if company is coming.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:22 AM

No i don`t spring or fall clean. Rember having to do it with my mother. Celler floor dirt had to sweep and get all cobwebs. Attic had to sweep and mop. Carried mattresses out doors to air and beat, only with bright sun.Washed metal bedsprings.

Last edited by char593; 04-28-2012 at 06:29 AM.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:30 AM

Love the idea of living room as quilt studio...but, I KNOW that it wouldn't work here...Hubby would have a fit. I have already taken over the backporch and the attached bedroom for sewing...and when I can't find room to cut something big...the dining room table.

Back to spring cleaning...yes, I do it...but first I call Sally, the cleaning lady. We work and chat at the same time...I work on the knick knack shelves and wash the windows...she does the heavier work...although I help her move the furniture away from the walls.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:39 AM

I did clean in the Spring but never went overboard. After a long Winter I liked to wash the sheer curtains in the living room and our bedroom but you know how that goes as I might as well clean the windows and blinds too. What about the outside of the windows? Have that problem solved as 11 year old grandson loves to do that for me with the outdoor window cleaner stuff attached to garden house.

Never really turned the house up side down but every once in awhile really worked on one room, get rid of all the magazines, put books and little items where they belong, etc. and wash floors. Nowadays I don't have the energy for it all and have slowly replaced things in the home that are low maintenance and use a Swifter instead of a string mop. I want to spend more time quilting and much less time cleaning.

Last edited by May in Jersey; 04-28-2012 at 06:42 AM.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b
Dreamer!!!!! How the heck are you ? Ready to jump on the Spring cleaning band wagon ?

cleaning is not a word in my vocabulary...I will have to ask the housekeeper when she gets here...LMBO !!!!!
Old 04-28-2012, 09:08 AM
Suz

Well, sort of! We are planning to move and after seeing the "staging shows" on HGTV, I had to do something. The house is showing well, just need someone with a checkbook and then it will be worth the effort. We are optimistic and know the Lord will provide both here and at the other end.

I recall my Mother cleaning in the spring and fall. Whole house! Blankets hanging out the window for airing, scrubbing everything and floors by hand on knees. Oh my aching back! But after what I did several weeks ago, I understand why she kept it up. Mother knew best, but I am a slow learner. Anyhow . . . . I try. Guess I would rather be quilting. Mother was not a quilter.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:18 AM

I don't spring clean. I pick a job each weekend and then do what needs to be done. That way, the cleaning is always done.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:50 AM

No because I keep my house perfect all year round! NOT! LOL!
Old 04-28-2012, 10:53 AM

Good for you...it makes sense to repurpose the rooms in your house! I did the same thing several months ago, giving me a much larger area for my quilting and sewing.....
As far as spring cleaning.....I try to deep clean rooms throughout the year; so I don't really save that all to do in the spring.That is usually when I do any inside painting that needs to be done. I plan to do a couple of rooms soon.....

Enjoy your bigger space!!