Do you Spring Clean ?

Old 04-27-2012, 04:39 PM

Spring cleaning? Isn't that connected with hibernating season? Hmmmmmm....no, I don't spring clean! What a waste of my time! There are so many other, more interesting things to do!
Old 04-27-2012, 04:48 PM
Power Poster

spring cleaning to me means washing the windows- power washing the siding, cleaning the garage (which somehow seems to bring alot of sand/salt/stuff in through out the winter) the deck & front porch-
doing the above & beyond normal cleaning that gives the place a nice 'freshening' after being all cooped up for the winter....and yes- we do do it- everything else is kept up ... done as it's needed ---
Old 04-27-2012, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
This year is seeing the hiring of a housekeeper! We have a storage customer that is behind in her rent, and I am paying some of her rent in exchange for help with the house...

It's interesting....and hard to let her "just clean"....I'm pretty attached to my "stuff" and some of it's pretty fragile! LOL I'm going to get better tho...

SHAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNN
don't believe her...
she is trading for fabric
out of that storage locker !!!
ROFLMBO
Old 04-27-2012, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by BMP View Post
I do one room per week, it makes the chore easier.
This is what I do. Makes it much easier.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:55 PM

I do attempt to clean but find it rather difficult because of all the WIPs I have stacked around.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:00 PM
Power Poster

I am still finding all kinds of new items - like about 5 yards of black fabric I really need to get my act together ****blushing**** found a bag full of needles for the machine- a new seam ripper ( couldn't find it months ago so went and bought 3 more ) - really need to take things out of the bags when I buy them
Old 04-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Power Poster

Dreamer!!!!! How the heck are you ? Ready to jump on the Spring cleaning band wagon ?
Old 04-28-2012, 12:40 AM

Yes, I spring houseclean. That is what I am doing right now. I live in a small house and mostly heat with a pellet stove. A couple of the rooms get sooty so I end up washing the walls, curtains and etc. I don't keep things. When I get stressed out I go through my things and donate them, then I feel so much better.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:39 AM

No I don't plan a spring clean. However it seems that I do. I think its because I spend the winter all cooped up. Then in the spring the windows come open and everything is new and pretty outside and that must inspire me to start the moving of furniture, cleaning windows....it just makes the inside as fresh as the outside. Congrats on utilizing your space your way! We can never have enough sewing room. Last year the tiny(900 sq ft) house next door came up for sale, DH and I talked of buying it for my sewing space, but someone had already placed a bid, and darn they got it. Doest stop me from dreaming of a larger space someday. Have fun and enjoy your new Studio!
Old 04-28-2012, 04:30 AM

I try to do the whole house in spring, and in fall do the storeroom, kitchen, and back entry again - seems to always collect things we just don't need to keep - more of a sort and throw/giveaway type cleaning in fall.

I just finished teh storeroom while my better half was away on a farm tour - great time to get it ALL out of there, and If I don't finish, so be it - can finish the next day -and did I throw out stuff- burned 4 boxes of junk - it had not surfaced since last year - no sense in keeping it - and he had to agree, it looked much better - even floor space now to walk into the room.