Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you think it is too old? >

Do you think it is too old?

Do you think it is too old?

Old 12-18-2014, 08:03 AM
Power Poster

I would check out Tapper's link just be on the safe side.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:06 AM

I'm in Oregon (home of the Pendleton Woolen Mills). I've been lucky that I have a lot of Pendleton wool (some I have purchased, but most has been given to me over the years by former Pendleton workers - ya-hooo). I always wash and dry before I cut and sew with it. This makes your wool washable (even my friends from PWM, wash and dry before using), if you want to be able to wash and dry your finished product you will have to do it first. Your wool should be fine if it has been taken care of as you say it was. Good luck
Old 12-18-2014, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Bubbie View Post
I'm in Oregon (home of the Pendleton Woolen Mills). I've been lucky that I have a lot of Pendleton wool (some I have purchased, but most has been given to me over the years by former Pendleton workers - ya-hooo). I always wash and dry before I cut and sew with it. This makes your wool washable (even my friends from PWM, wash and dry before using), if you want to be able to wash and dry your finished product you will have to do it first. Your wool should be fine if it has been taken care of as you say it was. Good luck
The company may have started here in Oregon, but it is woven in Washougal, Washington. My DBIL works there as a weaver. I love to visit with him, but it must be at my home. He has worked there so long ( 30 years) that his home is now alive with wool fibers, and I am allergic to it. I love the look of wool, but it is off limits to me.