Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Does anyone wear panty hose anymore? >

Does anyone wear panty hose anymore?

Does anyone wear panty hose anymore?

Old 07-21-2013, 10:03 PM

I have noticed this, also. I perfer panty hose when I wear a dress. Not only professional but my legs are white/ugly and besides it saves my shoes!
Old 07-22-2013, 03:55 AM

These days, and at my age, the less I have to wear, the better!!! But, not too long ago, we were at a function where it was not too hot and I was able to wear stockings without completely melting, and it was so nice. I felt very dressed up and that my outfit was complete. Hasn't happened since!
Old 07-22-2013, 05:00 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by DebraK View Post
The day I pay $53 dollars for pantyhose is the day I...oh wait, that's not ever going to happen ;-)
My DDs and I like Wolford's hosiery. The fit is great and last for many wearings. A pair will save you money if you wear hose to work. I wear a pair when I wear a skirt or dress which isn't very often but sometimes necessary.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:07 AM

I don't wear pantyhose and I don't wear skirts or dresses anymore. I prefer slacks and a beautiful top.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:19 AM
Power Poster

My tummy is so out of control, a pair of $53 dollar tummy control panty hose couldn't put everything back. I would rather spend that money on quilting projects. Last time I wore a dress and panty hose was at my son's wedding. I wear pants. My legs look like a map of the United States of America. They always have. I don't even wear shorts. If gals have nice looking legs and are shaved, I see no reason to wear hose. CEO was a male and they are known for wanting women to be uncomfortable no matter the cost.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
Same here. White legs, age and all.
not to mention blemishes & skin discolorations with age. i tried that moisturizing cream that also does a little slow tanning look. really helps when wearing shorts etc. in fact i start creaming in spring when it warms enough to break out the shorts and tank tops. but i too, i guess am doing the age thing & feel that in professional setting..nylons just make the whole outfit and appearance more "finished" looking. otherwise i am still a shorts/cut-offs, tank top barefoot personality
Old 07-22-2013, 05:35 AM

....and i LOVE this site. ..the best questions posted! lollol
Old 07-22-2013, 06:03 AM

And while we're kinda on the subject, what about those who wear really thin skirts with no petticoat? I still remember my mother having me stand with my back to the sun to see if you could see through. Times have really changed LOL
Old 07-22-2013, 06:38 AM
Power Poster

I hate seeing bare legs and feet. in high heels and especially in open toe shoes. sandals are fine and expected. but Stars on t.v. have tans galore. I don't! and yes, I still have hose in my drawers. well in my dresser drawers!! don't wear them really. I do wear knee highs if necessary but I don't really have skirts anymore. Come on ladies, be ladies!! Misty's Mom, I even had a boss tell me my dress was too see through and I needed a full slip. I had on a half slip. but I got a camisole after that!!!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:40 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Misty's Mom View Post
And while we're kinda on the subject, what about those who wear really thin skirts with no petticoat? I still remember my mother having me stand with my back to the sun to see if you could see through. Times have really changed LOL

I still have a lot of half slips! Many are in pretty pastel colors. I wore one with every skirt or dress I wore. Still do. The slip feels good against the skin. When I was growing up, girls were mortified to be able to see through their dress or skirt and if your slip showed it was as embarrassing as when a guy's zipper was undone. LOL Can you buy slips or half slips now? I haven't looked for one in years.