Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Does anyone wear panty hose anymore? >

Does anyone wear panty hose anymore?

Does anyone wear panty hose anymore?

Old 07-22-2013, 06:49 AM
Power Poster

Seems like they are not worn here anymore.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:53 AM

I'm retired but used to wear them daily for work. I am sure I would have dropped dead if I had discovered, then, that I had forgotten my pantyhose!!! I live in a hot climate and for church, I wear longer broomstick skirts and no pantyhose, and I have never been arrested for it! Now...some take it too far. Short skirts with legs everywhere and tattoos all over their legs....to me that is unsightly...but that is just an old ladies opinion and worth just about zero in today's society.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:10 AM

Do y'all think that we're turning into our mothers . I've developed quite a few opinions that were my mother's when I was growing up. Amazing how much smarter we are the older we get.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:29 AM

Yep, I have panty hose, lots of them. They are probably turned to ash by now. I don't have a dress that fits. But, I do think women look fully dressed with them on. Especially on tv. They [hose] do make the leg shaped better, but whatever. If I layed flat on the bed I couldn't get my panty hose on.LOL
Old 07-22-2013, 07:31 AM

I gave up pantyhose too - just too hot in California - but I was a pantyhose girl for years - used to feel naked without them now I feel all bound up wearing them. Good spray tan and a shave - most people wouldn't even notice that you are not wearing hose.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:39 AM

I mostly wear slacks, too. But relatives in the "fashion crowd" in CT and NY apparently don't wear hose any more at all. Tights when it's cold, maybe, but I think pany hose are out. I hate seeing good shoes like heels and flats with bare feet. For one thing, I think it ruins the inside of the shoes. Living in VT, fashion is not an issue, but when visiting family I've noticed only the old folks wear "nylons" any more, even for weddings and funerals.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:54 AM

I went to my grand daughters wedding a few year ago and none of the brides maids or the bride wore panty hose. During the reception my grand daughter complained about her shoes causing blisters on her heel. I ask her why she didn't wear panty hose. She said she never thought of it. I think the younger women of today don't wear them at all.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:51 AM

Its amazing how times have changed. I wear panty-hose when "dressed up", which isn't often. In colder weather I wear knee highs with either slacks or longer skirts. Many men just don't understand the discomfort of most panty hose, just as most women don't understand the discomfort of a suit jacket and tie that men wear. As for slips, its true, you rarely see them any more, except thrift stores (lol) or yard sales, but they are still needed because it is almost indecent to see a woman in just panties when they have on a skirt that you can see thru.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:51 AM

IMHO: pantyhose are the work of the devil!
Old 07-22-2013, 09:56 AM

I just turned 43 and I wear pantyhose. I grew up wearing them and like the, ahem, assistance the control top gives! My DD's don't though. They are 21 and 18. One is svelt and the other has curves. Times are changing!