Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Does anyone wear panty hose anymore? >
  • Does anyone wear panty hose anymore?

• Does anyone wear panty hose anymore?

Old 07-22-2013, 06:20 PM

I wear pantyhose at work and, even if it is hot, I still wear pantyhose if I'm wearing a skirt or suit. I feel like I didn't finish dressing otherwise!
    Old 07-22-2013, 06:28 PM
    Cyn

I wear them unless it's hot and then I use leg makeup and it looks great on me! It stays on until washed off with soap. It's not that expensive either.
    Old 07-23-2013, 02:47 AM

Pantyhose every day for me, no matter what the weather. The only exception is on casual Fridays when we get to wear jeans.
    Old 07-23-2013, 03:24 AM

The day I retired from work (1993) was the day I quit wearing pantyhose with everything. Did keep a few pair in case of a wedding or a funeral. But those have been long gone in favor of knee-highs and good slacks for dressing up. Oh, and along with this question,(wearing pantyhose) what did every one do with all their empty "eggs"?
    Old 07-23-2013, 03:44 AM

Sons wedding on Saturday .....first time in tights for 20 years
    Old 07-23-2013, 04:54 AM

Smile

I have to wear knee high support hose, so slacks are all I wear. My DH would like to see me in a skirt and heels--I have arthritis in feet so heels are also not an option. I told him if he would wear heels for a week I would. So far, he hasn't and I haven't!
    Old 07-23-2013, 04:57 AM

Ohhhh you're going to love this one! I have a quilt that my mother made and the batting is.......PANTY HOSE!!!
    She took 5 inch squares and sewed them on three sides, cut the leg off a panty hose and gathered it from top to toes and then inserted it into the square and tied it with yarn through the toe to hold it in place in the center of the square. She stitched the opening closed and the hand stitched all those squares together. She worked in a factory at the time and all the girls in the office would save their ruined hose for her. Oh how I hated untangleing those hose when they came out of the dryer!!! But I now have the quilt and most of the squares are made from old clothing that my younger sister and I had worn.
    Old 07-23-2013, 05:05 AM

Ditto.. Ditto. Yep... call me old fashioned too... I wear the control top Q size when I go to worship on Sundays & Wed. & of course weddings/funerals. I feel really comfortable. Feel uncomfortable when wearing skirts/dresses without.

Originally Posted by Jeanine
    I have worn panty hose since 8th grade. I actually feel more comfortable in them - and I like the way my legs look when I have them on. I use slips, I like how my dresses/skirts do not cling then. I wear dresses (or skirts/blouses). I like feeling dressed up. I've been called old fashioned. I've been called insane. As some of you said, I only have to please myself. And dressing this way pleases me.
    Old 07-23-2013, 05:09 AM

Default I wear pantyhose too

Originally Posted by Onebyone
    I was at an important formal business conference yesterday and noticed some women chose to have bare legs. The CEO made a comment to my DH that he thought it non professional, so he noticed too.
    I thought that was odd, but it kept DH from saying another word about my $53 pair Wolford's Tummy Control purchase.
    I wear either a business suit,(skirt and jacket) dress, business suit (with pants) 4 out of 5 days. Always wear pantyhose with the skirt/suit and dress. If I have pants, then it's knee high stockings.
    Also, no sleeveless either.

My husband also wears a business suit every day and he wears a long sleeve shirt with it no matter what the weather.
    Yes it's cooler with short sleeves and no stockings, but the look I mentioned is a more professional, polished look. It really depends on personal preference.
    I've been dressing like this for 25 years and would not change now. I think it's a polished look and appearance does count. Also depends on work that you do. Call me old fashioned, but also no tattoos, body piercings.

Workplace has gotten "too casual" in many instances.
    Old 07-23-2013, 05:13 AM

I LOVE pantyhose...grew up on the northern east coast. I have lived in Florida for over twenty years so when the natives see pantyhose on someone, they laugh and say, so she's from up north. I'm not a senior yet, but I still feel there is a place for them....offices, church, etc. They can get warm outside here when it's 95 outside!!!