Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Does your DH help you with your quilts? >

Does your DH help you with your quilts?

Does your DH help you with your quilts?

Old 07-22-2011, 02:51 AM

I consider my husband's advise invaluable. He has a colour sense far better than mine. (haven't had my cataracts done yet.) And he visits me regularly in my "hiddie hole" to see if I need anything at the store etc.
MK
Old 07-22-2011, 03:15 AM

Don't have a DH but the neighbour's 20 year old son used to volunteer to help me - and did a good job.Shame the family moved away.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:25 AM

Ha Ha!! He would if I would let him. You should see the size of his hands and fingers.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by EagarBeez
My DH cuts strips for me and squares them up. For some reason, I can't seem to cut strips straight. I am working on my first log cabin queen size for my sister, and it's looking pretty darn good.
NOPE ALL MINE CAN SAY WHY DO YOU CUT THAT MATERIAL UP AND THEN SEW IT BACK TOGETHER.I ASK HIM WHEN SOME ONE WANTS LUMBER DO YOU SELL THE A TREE OR MEASURED LUMBER.THAT IS THE ONLY WAY HE UNDERSTANDS ANYTHING I PUT IT IN LOGGERS TERMS
Old 07-22-2011, 04:06 AM

Before he passed away he would sit on the floor and help make different designs for my Salvation army quilts. Then he would say" What more!!!!!
Old 07-22-2011, 04:48 AM

My DH doesn't help with cutting or sewing, but he is real good at choosing fabrics and helping me with the "as you go" decisions. That seems odd to me since he has absolutely no taste in clothing or appropriate dress for anything.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Weenween
Originally Posted by EagarBeez
My DH cuts strips for me and squares them up. For some reason, I can't seem to cut strips straight. I am working on my first log cabin queen size for my sister, and it's looking pretty darn good.
NOPE ALL MINE CAN SAY WHY DO YOU CUT THAT MATERIAL UP AND THEN SEW IT BACK TOGETHER.I ASK HIM WHEN SOME ONE WANTS LUMBER DO YOU SELL THE A TREE OR MEASURED LUMBER.THAT IS THE ONLY WAY HE UNDERSTANDS ANYTHING I PUT IT IN LOGGERS TERMS
I like this response. Never thought of it that way...
Old 07-22-2011, 04:50 AM

Nope. Not at all. An occasional isn't that done yet...but that's it. I stopped asking what he thought when I got "it's fine." erggg
Old 07-22-2011, 04:55 AM

My husband pays the bills and never complains about how much fabric I buy. He re-modeled my sewing room, hung shelves, put in a surround sound system, and made a 20-pound light box (ughhh) - but it works great - it's just really heavy. The only thing he ever asked for was a large rag quilt made of golf material - which I made for him and he loves it.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:58 AM

My DH is an enabler. He took me to VT Quilt Festival this year when we went to visit daughter out east (we live in IL)! He is great at picking fabrics and has been known to lend an eye to others when in a quilt store. I'm definitely keeping him. We've been together for 31 years!