Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Does your doctor bill for more than one visit on same day? >

Does your doctor bill for more than one visit on same day?

Does your doctor bill for more than one visit on same day?

Old 07-22-2011, 02:02 PM

my mother went to the dr and had another question to aske him and he told her to make another appointment. Its not right... just not right. I ask my dr. a ton of questions. In fact she usually asks me.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:07 PM

Thats not right. We have Kaiser and I love it. I can ask as many questions and she only bills me for one visit. Plus I can be sick and call her and she will help me out over the phone.. No charge there just for the medican. Plus she is always trying to help me to keep the cost down. She is a GREAT Doctor.. I just love her.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:06 PM

I just got two separate bills today for the same visit to a pain clinic. I had a co-pay for the doctor, but the "facility" charged a $75 fee for the "facility use". Huh?
Old 07-22-2011, 03:22 PM

That has happened to me two years in a row. This April I went for my wellness check up like I do every year. This time I kept my mouth shut and didn't complain about any aches or pains and I was still charged for two visits. The South Bend clinic billing department didn't code as a wellness visit so my BCBS insurance wouldn't pay for it. I have called my insurance company twice and called South Bend Clinic twice. The clinic insists that I was sick. I am sick. Sick an tired of getting the run around. I paid the $400+ bill. I just don't know what to do. I am retired and too young for Medicare. I buy my own health insurance which has been really good except for paying on the wellness benefit. Luckily, I don't get sick very often.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:31 PM

Charity-crafter,

Re: low libido....What do they say to men that ask for 'The Little Blue Pill' because they have low libido and low something else!

Quilter68
Old 07-22-2011, 03:44 PM

I work in a doctor's office, we only charge one per day and believe me some of our patients have a long list to talk about. In fact if we send a patient to the ER we don't bill for the visit cause insurance won't pay for it.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:46 PM

This doesn't sound legit at all.. I'd have to give them a call to see if this is a mistake and if it isn't I'd get a new doctor and make a call to my insurance carrier to lodge a complaint And if this dbl charge isn't legit the ins. co. will know what to do about them
Old 07-22-2011, 06:03 PM

I am a manager for a medical billing service. I can say with absolute certainty that if a doctor properly documents what services were performed and what issues were addressed with a particular patient, they are indeed allowed to bill for two visits done the same day -- one as the scheduled routine physical, and the other for problems that were brought up by the patient. Coding and billing rules are very strict on when a physician is allowed to do this. From what some of you say, your doctors are not following the rules. The rules are too varied to go into here, but if anyone has any specific questions about your situations, please feel free to PM me. I read where some people have just paid the bills --- they can be appealed, and with a favorable outcome for you. I would be happy to share how.

Edited to add.....before you pay any bill to a doctor's office, question the processing with the insurance carrier first. If a visit is denied, depending on the reason, the doctor has the write it off (or fight it themselves) and is not allowed to bill you for it per their contract with the insurance carrier.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:06 PM

complain to your insurance company, this is so wrong.

find another doctor if they don't make it right.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:17 AM

I believe I would find a new doctor. You are being ripped off. I only pay my copay for any visit and I talk to my doctor about multiple things,Sad to say there are greedy people out there.