Does your hubby cook?

Old 05-12-2010, 05:14 AM

My husband does cook, he knows how to make tuna noodle casserole and cherry pie; that's one of the things that impressed me ( the pie, not the tuna...) We cook everything for the following week on the weekend and then only have to re-heat during the week, yes, he does most of the re-heating, and all of the clean up. that man is a keeper!
Old 05-12-2010, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
My husband will grill outside!

Also he is good about helping me to do the dishes and sometimes he will clean up the kitchen all by himself.

Craftybear
Hang on to that one...he is a keeper!!!

Ditter
Old 05-12-2010, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Dancing Needle
My DH does some cooking. He does all the grill work, and when we have Stir Fry Veggies (which is alot) he chops the veggies and cooks them up. Oh, and he likes to make Pan Fried Oysters. He makes his own breakfast and our Latte's in the morning and after dinner gets his own lunch ready to take to work the next day. And, he usually helps clean up the kitchen after dinner. All in all he's pretty terrific. :thumbup:
Sounds like another keeper!!

Ditter
Old 05-12-2010, 06:58 AM

My husband is finally showing interest in cooking. Unfortunately he gave himself second degree burns on Monday night when he was frying onion rings. Spent the night in the emergency room. His smoked ribs and steaks are great. I am glad that he is cooking after 20 years of marriage even if I have to cook the side dishes.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:30 PM

YES!!! And that is how I keep my girlish figure... He is a wonderful cook but adds fats, sauces, gravies....YOU KNOW all the stuff that makes food taste really wonderful... Me? Lose weight? Not with my hubby in the house. :0
Old 05-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Power Poster

Yes, my husband is Sicilian and a fabulous cook, he works full-time and cooks Fri-Sunday and I do Mon-Thursday. He loves having big family lunches, he also LOVES shopping. I consider myself a most fortunate woman!
Old 05-13-2010, 02:46 AM

I'm embarrassed to say it, but my husband is a better cook than I am. I can look at my cupboards and say there is nothing here. He'll come in, take a look, and the next thing I know dinner is bubbling on the stove or in the oven. It must be that Hunky blood in his veins (which I also have, just not the cooking kind). I'm a better baker, though, and it pleases me when he asks my advice on a recipe he wants to make. He never asks for advice. So I guess we make a good pair. :)
Old 05-13-2010, 02:49 AM

Yes he can cook .But no he dose not. He leaves that up to me.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:44 AM

I can say that the last 10 years with 11 surgeries, my DH vacuums as well as cooks. He makes a mean plate of french toast & his pancakes are out of this world.
This last surgery (neck fusion) which will be a year this August; I had a hard time swallowing water, much less food. SO he would make me mashed potatoes & put mushroom soup on top. That is still my favorite thing.
He can take anything in the pantry & make it work. Grilled fish, grilled burgers, chili, & his steamed eggs are great! After almost 36 years, I am 'definately' keeping him. Wouldn't know what to do without him!
Old 05-13-2010, 06:06 AM

About once a week my husband says, "I guess I'll get supper tonight." I love it, even though I know I'll have to do clean-up duty. He never uses a recipe so we never have the same thing twice. Our two sons do all the cooking in their homes and our son-in-law does the family cooking as our daughter is a career gal. In fact, none of the three women like to cook and the guys do. Ahhh the beauty of the 21st century. No one's task is defined by gender as in the olden days.