dogs...which one did it!

Old 01-21-2010, 05:41 PM

So.... who done it?
Old 01-21-2010, 05:51 PM

My chihuahua-cocker spaniel mix, who just turned 18, never got into anything but her partner, a standard rat terrier, considered life, and all things therein, to be a free for all. He was the poster child for "it's all about me". I really really miss him. Buddy, my 2 yr. old cat, is infatuated with my best, and sharpest, silk pins. Go figure.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:02 PM

No fabric stolen yet but our Australian Shepherd "Auzzie" took my knitting out of the bag and then went out the doggie door and strung it from the back of the yard to the front. I might add that it is storming here in CA right now and the yard is a swamp and muddy. Arrrgg
Old 01-21-2010, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Moonpi
So.... who done it?

Well, the blocks passed and Kyia failed. This afternoon I found the blocks, now scraps, in a few piles that were left probobly yesterday morning where Kyia usually does her thing.

I wanted to move my quilting stuff up to a spare bedroom since we don't have children and those room are hardly ever used. But hubby wants to keep them as bedrooms. Frustrating b/c the dogs can't get up there and we want them to be able to be in the family room. We have chairs up and a gate blocking them from my space. I will have to be more carefull and not leave anything on the pool table anymore. I am just very thanful that she ate those blocks and not the B&Y lap quilt that is finished hand quilting and only waiting for binding to be sewed over.

Kyia (the dog) bad girl. But I didn't yell at her b/c she wasn't caught in the act.

Kyia
Old 01-21-2010, 09:08 PM

Glad things worked out in the end...Just give her a look. She will understand. Tink does and puts her head down, she knows that she was wrong. I don't yell. The look usually does it....
Old 01-21-2010, 10:17 PM

This is funny and applies to many other instances as well. I work at an alterations shop and you wouldn't believe how many items get brought in that "the dog chewed it". Bras, comforters, jackets, pockets in a coat, etc.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
a friend of mine had a doberman that ... mmmmm ... passed a bra on a morning walk. she just kept walking as though she never saw it.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Old 01-22-2010, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Kyiav10
Originally Posted by Moonpi
So.... who done it?

Well, the blocks passed and Kyia failed. This afternoon I found the blocks, now scraps, in a few piles that were left probobly yesterday morning where Kyia usually does her thing.

Kyia
Sorry, I'm not up on which dog is which. Which one is Kayia??

I put my money on the Huskey. Did I win???
Old 01-22-2010, 07:43 AM

Location: From WI then Denver then Houston and now Hainesville, IL

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
Glad things worked out in the end...Just give her a look. She will understand. Tink does and puts her head down, she knows that she was wrong. I don't yell. The look usually does it....

You certainly nailed it on giving them the "look"!!! My oldest knows the look and the tone of voice! No need to yell, as the tone usually does it all! No talking back either! The hairy children are the best!!
Old 01-22-2010, 08:53 AM
Power Poster

No problem with my dog. He has no interest in fabric. The cats, however, love to sleep on it...........while I am trying to work.