dogs...which one did it!

Old 01-22-2010, 10:33 AM

Yikes!I am glad my kids don't do that. Though my youngest has been known to start sucking and gnawing on things, even a quilt because she is bored.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by patty48
Sorry, I'm not up on which dog is which. Which one is Kayia??

I put my money on the Huskey. Did I win???
Kyia is the golden retriever (which is where I put my money :mrgreen: ).

I'm glad that she is alright. Even though I joke about my goldens' "eating habits" I am aware of how quickly things can go bad.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by aardvarq
My Toby is a husky/shepherd mix (80 lbs). The one thing I used to be able to count on was his companionship while I spent long restless nights piecing blocks.
It has been a hard winter for us both, he just tottered in to check on me for a minute. I am going to miss him.
I can't let your comment about Toby go by, unacknowledged. Lost my Polly cat seven years ago -- brought her to the vet to have her teeth cleaned, they found untreatable throat cancer, had to put her down within four hours of the news. Swear, I cried for two years everytime I thought of her.

Enjoy your time with Toby! Which it sounds like you're doing, in fine style. When it's time, you'll know and will do the last thing you can do for him, when he needs it.

Sorry, gotta go cry for a minute. God bless.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:42 PM

Look under the bed or their favorite hiding places. My daughter's yorkie would steal the baby's pacifer & hid under the bed. She was cleaning out the closet the other day found a small can of parmesan cheese that he rolled in there & under the bed some undies she had been missing. Little monsters.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by patty48
Originally Posted by Kyiav10
Originally Posted by Moonpi
So.... who done it?

Well, the blocks passed and Kyia failed. This afternoon I found the blocks, now scraps, in a few piles that were left probobly yesterday morning where Kyia usually does her thing.

Kyia
Sorry, I'm not up on which dog is which. Which one is Kayia??

I put my money on the Huskey. Did I win???
Kyia is the Golden Retriever. Dugan is the Husky/Shepard mix. They both have their own issues. Kyia does her destructive thing, mostly for attention, she doesn't chew the furniture, only clothes if the drop going to the washer and my blocks.

Dugan on the other hand likes to kill animals in our yard. He is also dog aggressive and we had an incident last Feb where he attacked a dog on a walk. Looooong story, anywho, they are lucky we love them b/c I don't know if anyone else would have them. J/K!

Kyia
Old 01-25-2010, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
a friend of mine had a doberman that ... mmmmm ... passed a bra on a morning walk. she just kept walking as though she never saw it.
Barbara, I had to tell this story to my family and after everyone slowed down the llaughing, a few questions were raised:

What size cup?

Padded or not padded?

Hopefuly no underwire!! This one from my daughter.

Maria
Old 01-25-2010, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Maride
a friend of mine had a doberman that ... mmmmm ... passed a bra on a morning walk. she just kept walking as though she never saw it.
Barbara, I had to tell this story to my family and after everyone slowed down the llaughing, a few questions were raised:

What size cup?

Padded or not padded?

Maria
lol
Old 01-25-2010, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Maride

What size cup?

Padded or not padded?

Maria
ROFL. That is disgusting. Sister's weiner dog use to chew up her panty hose. He started with the croach. DD's yorkie like panties.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:52 PM
Power Poster

My two toy poodles don't bother a thing. One cat use to eat thread, I scolded enough, he stopped. An orney cat use to lay on quilt hanging off table onto floor, he thought it funny, I hollared and kicked at the quilt enough times, he decided it was a better idea to stop. I must of gotten him with a kick or two. He is also hard headed.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:52 PM

Butterflywing....I was laughing so hard I almost pe.....'d my pants. Reminded me of my old cocker spaniel I had. I went and bought about 15-20 packages of various flower bulbs to set out in beds. Left the bag sitting on end table next to chair by back door. Came home from work the next day, bag was on floor and half the packages were torn open and empty. She hid from me all evening without me saying anything. She started with belly problems the next day. Spent most of the day outside and had the runs all day long. Each time she cried to go out I just smiled and said "serves you right!" But was forever glad it did not poison her as some flowers are poisonous.

My little papillon I have now only comes to the sewing room to tell me when she needs to go out and potty. She just lays on couch in living room where she can see in to my sewing room and watch me from comfort.

One of my daughter's auzzie's used to chew everything up....my shoes, houseshoes, her clothes, and unraveled half a knitted scarf I was working on once and chewed the bamboo knitting needles up too. She finally had to make him an outside dog.