Easter Memories

Old 04-03-2010, 06:41 PM

They early memories of Easter revolve around the maternal family floral shop. It was one of the busiest times of the year. We all worked, even the little ones.
Sunday was family time. We all had our new outfit. My Grandma always made us corsages. Big family, egg hunts and a big meal.
After marriage we moved away. Easter was just too hard to get home. So we started our own tradition. We alternated dinners with our best friends. When our kid were young teens when the egg hunt was over the egg fight began. Yep all of us running around throwing eggs at each other. When the boys were 15 we "forgot" and colored raw ones. It was the funniest thing. Even the boys laugh about it now....15 years later.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:43 PM

Quiltinggranny, thanks for the topic. Nice.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:45 PM

Easter was always special in my family when I was growing up. Each year, my sister and I would get all dressed up in our new dresses (Cinderella was the brand name of these very special dresses with full crinoline petticoats), our new patent leather shoes, our new coats, hat, and muffs. We posed on our Grandparents front steps for our annual Easter photo. It was usually snowing and freezing outside. We would then go to church and return to my Grandparent's home for a special Easter dinner. Easter was about celebrating Jesus and spending time with those we loved. Good memories. Thank you for prompting me to remember when...
I hope everyone here has a wonderful Easter.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:44 PM

Every year my oldest brother would take an egg from his baskect and crack it on his head. One year one of the other boys colored a raw egg. When he cracked it on his head it oozed all over. We thought it was hillarious, He, on the other hand, had no sense of humor.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:11 AM
Google Goddess

Lots of cool memories. The one I remember the most was we had an ice storm in Indiana and the eggs were hidden in all of the sticks and wood on the ground, was a fun day with family!

We got our picture taken standing on the sidewalk from youngest to oldest!

Thanks for starting this thread, good idea! Lots of memories!
Old 04-04-2010, 09:25 AM

My fondest memory is of the year when I was eight or so. I knew that the Easter Bunny was not an actual animal that had the power to hop all over the world and actually my parent's "work" but hunting for eggs was something I always looked forward to. If the weather was good, the "hunt" would be outside. Imagine my surprise looking out my bedroom window (when I was supposed to be asleep) seeing my dad in his undies hiding eggs all over the yard. I never told him but laughed and laughed at the sight! It made "that" Easter particularly memorable!
Old 04-04-2010, 10:17 AM

Going to a department store in Buffalo, New York to see the Easter Bunny. Going to church in our new Easter Clothes and hats. One year we had just moved to Buffalo from Duluth, MN and I had a beautiful new dress. My mom was sure I was the only one there who would have such a pretty dress...until another girl in my Sunday School class came in and sat right next to me...with the same dress! I thought it was pretty neat. Oh, and the year I got my first bike! Great memories!
Old 04-04-2010, 02:07 PM
Power Poster

We would always get new dresses for Easter sunday and my folks got both us girls real colored chicks.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
Lots of cool memories. The one I remember the most was we had an ice storm in Indiana and the eggs were hidden in all of the sticks and wood on the ground, was a fun day with family!

We got our picture taken standing on the sidewalk from youngest to oldest!

Thanks for starting this thread, good idea! Lots of memories!
Do you still have a copy of the photo? What a cool memory.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:47 PM

I treasure the photos of taken of us kids with our new Easter Outfits, after dinner our father usually took us to to Prospect Park to feed the pigeons. Also have some photos taken with some of our cousins on Easter, fun to remember what it was like celebrating back in the 'olden days', May in Jersey