Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Error code 1010 on Bernina 780E >

Error code 1010 on Bernina 780E

Error code 1010 on Bernina 780E

Old 12-22-2015, 10:45 AM
Power Poster

When you take your machine in for a problem repair always ask why it happened and what was done to fix it. If you get a runaround of technical jargon then you know it was a simple fix you could have done at home. That's when you know if you have a great repair service or just a greedy one.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:31 AM

Thank you - your suggestion has worked and has saved a long drive to the dealer and repair bill - and no machine for several weeks.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:19 AM

Welcome to the board SueChef! This is a fabulous board to participate in with so many wonderful folks sharing great ideas! Glad you found us and the information you were looking for.

Christine
Old 10-21-2018, 10:35 AM

Just had that error code.
To fix the problem took the bobin thread out of the machine, the plate and all the thread stuck on the machine. I also took the foot out and restarted the machine and that help with the problem. Hopefully that help someone else.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:36 AM

Thankyou Ricardo for this very useful information. I had already contacted my dealer but then had the idea to have a peep at the internet. Thankfully the first to pop up was this blog. After I'd read it and and dismantled my bobbin plus everything else in the nether regions of my machine (Bernina 700) and then restarted my machine, hey presto!! It worked. Thank you so much. Very valuable information.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:00 AM
DHR

Originally Posted by RICARDO View Post
I tried all possible ways, switching on/off, unplug the cable, wait a couple of minutes and then plug it back.
In this case the error message is generated because the upper main shaft sensor is not synchronized with the bobbin/hook. In my case the hook got misaligned after the nest was created (the magnet did not seat properly); the solution was to remove all parts (bobbin/hook) and put them back. It took me 14 hr to find the way to solve it, but happy to see my machine is working again.
We had the dread error 1010 on our Bernina 770 QE and were somewhat stumped. We didn't have a nest; it turns out we had a broken needle, I got rid of the bits of needle, but still had error 1010. I tried to remove the wheel with the hook but the latch didn't seem to want to move. After finding this message thread via google, I attacked with more confidence and succeeded.

I signed up for this board to thank you and OP for your valuable help. Sharing this kind of knowledge is one of the great things about the web.
Old 04-30-2020, 07:03 PM

Hi Ricardo! Fast forward four years. I got the 1010 error message. Machine was completely locked up. Did an internet search and found your solution. Glad I didn't have to wait 14 hours! Thank you again.