Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Error code 1010 on Bernina 780E >

Error code 1010 on Bernina 780E

Error code 1010 on Bernina 780E

Old 09-09-2015, 07:22 PM

Default Error code 1010 on Bernina 780E

I had a nasty thread jam- bird's nest - while running an Amazing Designs embroidery program. I had the same issue over the weekend at the same spot in the program - color 4. I had the machine in the shop today getting a few things checked out. Everything was Ok so i came home and started the same program. Everything was running well until color 4. This time there was another thread jam but when I tried to cut the threads I realized my needle was stopped in the down position. My machine gave an error screen advising to use the hand wheel to raise the needle. I tried to raise the needle but it wouldn't budge. I then get this message on my screen - "Error 1010 Main drive sync failed! Restart machine". I shut the machine down and restarted it but got the same message. I turned the machine off for a few minutes thinking it might help but still got the same error message. I'm sure this is going to be a fix at the dealer issue but I just hoped someone here might have a clue as to this error code. I can't find anything on the Bernina website regarding this code. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Chris
Old 09-09-2015, 08:54 PM

Definitely contact your dealer. I don't know what the error code means, but since they are sophisticated computers, it sounds like it needs a tech. Maybe the embroidery design file is corrupt? have you ever successfully used it?
Old 09-10-2015, 03:50 AM
Power Poster

If you keep having a problem in the same place with a specific embroidery design, it's either the design file, or your thread, not your machine. I suspect a badly digitized design or corrupted file. Once you get your machine sorted by the tech, don't try that design again, contact the place you bought the design from.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:00 PM

I hope it didn't throw your timing out.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:31 AM

I have the same problem with my Bernina 180. It always creates a thread nest in the exact same spot on a basting stitch. Since it is a single line stitch design, I can easily clear it. Makes me crazy.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:00 AM

I have a 780, so I'm curious as to what your dealer diagnosed? It does sound as though the problem is with the file and not the machine since you repeatedly had issues in the same place, each time you stitched out the design.
Old 12-21-2015, 10:50 PM

Hello, just to let you know that today 21-Dec, I experienced the same situation, the machine got stuck while sewing a button hole and the cloth got inside the stitch plate; the needle did not brake; I proceeded to remove all the excess of thread and left the stitch plate clear, then I pushed the buttons to raise the presser foot and the needle but none of them responded; I turned off the machine and I got the following message: error #1010 Maindrive sync failed! Restart machine; I restarted the machine several times unsuccessfully and got the error message every time the machine was on.
Solution: After reading the troubleshoot section, it talks about the hook or bobbin as possible causes. I found the hook was misaligned, I removed it and after placing it back properly and restart the machine, everything is working fine. I hope this can be useful for the community.
Old 12-22-2015, 03:54 AM

Thank you, Ricardo . . .glad to know it was an easy fix. I'll remember this
Old 12-22-2015, 03:57 AM

I'm curious, when you re-start your machine, do you unplug it?
Old 12-22-2015, 07:35 AM

I tried all possible ways, switching on/off, unplug the cable, wait a couple of minutes and then plug it back.
In this case the error message is generated because the upper main shaft sensor is not synchronized with the bobbin/hook. In my case the hook got misaligned after the nest was created (the magnet did not seat properly); the solution was to remove all parts (bobbin/hook) and put them back. It took me 14 hr to find the way to solve it, but happy to see my machine is working again.