This ever happen to you?

Old 05-19-2015, 08:04 AM
Suz

No microwave in my home. When we heat pizza, we put on the iron griddle, turn the heat to low (approx 9 o'clock on the temp selector), cover with a lid, and turn the timer to 12 minutes. The bottom will be crispy and the top will be nicely warmed. No hard and dried crust!!

For other food, we use the toaster/convection oven.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:42 PM

When my microwave starts acting up ... or not working properly it needs to be cleaned. Then it works just hunky-dory! Go figure ... I'll never need a new one ...
Old 05-19-2015, 05:58 PM

I'm with Suz. No microwave here either. I don't like what I've read about what it does to food. My family likes one, though. We had one in our rental, but when we moved the one that was in the house d I ed within a couple months. We haven't replaced it. Of course they blamed me. Lol
Old 05-20-2015, 06:17 AM
Power Poster

I only use my microwave to do warm ups. I have never tried to cook in it..
Old 05-20-2015, 06:52 AM

I am a member of the No Microwave Oven club, too. Don't miss it at all.
Old 05-20-2015, 07:20 AM
Vat

No, I don't buy microwave food.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:17 PM

I don't like Microwave food either (as a rule), but it certainly comes in handy when I have forgotten to take something out of the freezer to thaw. Also, it is great for warming up that cup of coffee that I poured two hours ago and didn't get to drink. I do like to 'bake' potatoes in the microwave.
When my old one died (it was over 10 years old), I really felt the loss until the new one was purchased. Even though we don't use a tool often, it sure is nice to have it.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:08 PM

Last week we had a serious car accident in the village, which took down an electricity power cable. As a result no electricity. I decided to defrost some sausages and have a couple of hotdogs for dinner. Put the frozen hot dogs in the microwave to defrost. Dumb or dumber no power. I knew but still did it we are just so use to switching a button and things working.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:30 AM

When I lived in Florida, I took a couple of Microwave cooking classes to "beat the Heat". I still cook in it occasionally, depending on the situation. Our first one was a first Christmas present from my parents. It was a Sharp, and lasted at least 10 years the first time. I am married to Mr. Fix-it which in MANY ways is a God send. However, we used that oven for about 20+years(married 36). I was wanting a more modern machine and he would replaced parts until he couldn't do it any longer. I was finally able to replace it with a newer machine, and have had 2 more since, as they make them to be "thrown away" once they quit working. I don't think any of realize how much we do OR do not use them until they break. I kept on going to the empty spot on the counter to heat my water for tea. Had to use the stove and more electricity to do so.
Happy Day!
Susan
Old 05-21-2015, 05:40 AM
Suz

I have an article (with daily pictures) about a high school project in which the student had two almost identical plants. They were trimmed with only a few leaves remaining and a few new shoots coming from the base of the plant. She boiled two cups of water: one in the microwave, one on the stove. Each plant was watered w/their respective waters. Within one week, the microwave-watered plant was dead. The other was striving.

My question is, if this is what the microwave can do to water, what is it doing to other foods? Sorry, no microwave in my home.