Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Ever Wonder About Your CRS syndrome, Quiltheimers...ADHD? >

Ever Wonder About Your CRS syndrome, Quiltheimers...ADHD?

Ever Wonder About Your CRS syndrome, Quiltheimers...ADHD?

Old 01-20-2010, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by amma
Well my friend, that was sure a mouthful :wink: I am proud to call you a friend, proud that you have come this far and you are continuing to do whatever it takes to make you feel better, and proud that you can stand up and say "I like me" and very proud that you took a deep breath and said what you felt in your heart!

Mental illness/disease in any form is so misunderstood...I think it is ignorance that makes people speak out of turn, scares them, and news shows/papers sensationalizing only makes it worse. I hope that as more good information is made available to the public, peoples attitudes will change and acceptanceand understanding will be the rule.

I have suffered from depression/anxiety/panic attacks since I was a child...no one knew anything about it back then. I started counseling as an adult and met people in group sessions who pretty much covered the gambit. Most were close to my age, and all had suffered at the cruelties of others.

People need to know and understand we are all individuals...bi-polar does not mean violence, Prozac does not mean suicide. As individuals we are all in a different place mentally, medications work differently on each individual, treatment plans vary, but the bottom line is whatever our problem is, it does not define us as a person :wink: I long for the day when mental illness's can be discussed as openly and honestly as an appendiix, gall bladder or any other medical issue...
Ama;
WELL SAID!!! I also suffer from mental illness and have been thru the whole gamut of both diagnoses and medications. I finally found a doctor who would listen and that really helped. I also got out of myself and became more involved in the whole world and also in the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI).
I love this board and all that gets talked about be it quilting or mental illness.