Explosion i San Francisco!

Old 09-10-2010, 03:24 PM

And 120 homes were lost not 102. The coroner had confirmed 1 death last night, however, 2 more reported (not confirmed). The last I heard was that a gas main broke and the gas was pushed into the lines going to the homes. It is just devastating. It happened within a couple of blocks of a friends father's home. Thankfully we believe that he is ok.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:41 PM

I was very close to the place having dinner with my church group. When we left the restaurant I needed to get to the freeway to come home to San Francisco. From the freeay I saw the flames very, very close. I was lucky because a little while after they close the freeway. A couple in my group (John and Ruby) live very close to the place, they were not allowed to go to their house until this morning. Thanks God their house is o. k. Another person in my group (Mary) used to live on Claremont Dr. (One of the streets that were burning). She sold the house a while back, that house is gone now.
Please keep all the families involved in this terrible fire in your prayers.
Thank you.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by GrammaNan
Here in Colorado we are so focused on the wildfire that has burned over 160 homes that it is taking precedence on our local news. Regarding the San Fransisco explosion, I am so sorry for everyone that has lost their homes/businesses. I pray for the safety of everyone, especially the first responders/firefighters.
And prayers to those in colorado who have lost their homes...fire can be so scary. When I first saw TV pictures last night, I has flash backs to the Oakland/Berkeley Hills fire of 1991 which burned for days and killed 25 and destroyed nearly 4,000 residences. My neighbor is a firefighter who was on the lines all night and he said all was about out when he left the line early this morning. So kudos to those firefighters who were able to save all the nearby residences.