Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Expressing love, the DH way >

Expressing love, the DH way

Expressing love, the DH way

Old 09-09-2013, 12:34 PM

We have been married 42 years and there is no need for word but they do get said anyway lol....it all in the actions and thoughts and care that tell the story.....
Old 09-09-2013, 04:46 PM

My DH has never been able to express himself very well in the verbal romance department. He does, however, have very expressive eyes and I usually understand what he is "saying." The other thing he does is that he takes care of the "little things" like making sure the tires are ok, checking and changing the oil in the car, turning down the bed on my side at night and turning on the bedside lamp so it won't be dark in the bedroom when I am in my sewing room late. Putting the seat down in the bathroom. Lots of little things that mean a lot and show he cares. I guess we can't have everything but I am glad we found each other. 33 years and counting!
Old 09-16-2013, 01:07 AM

I waited two years to hear my bf say i love you. I knew that when he did it would mean i want to spend the rest of my life with you. i knew when i met him he was the one. He's not big on giving presents, but he is a romantic. He taught at a highly respected private school. We had just been at a dinner meeting there and were dressed appropriately. As we were leaving i noticed the sprinkler system was on and made a beautiful arch of water. I said, too bad we're all dressed up, that would be just perfect for running through. He looked me in the eye and said, c'mon! When we were tired of running thru the sprinkler, and jumping over the heads, he stopped, pulled me to him and we kissed. Right there in the sprinkler, regardless of the people walking by, regardless of the water in our clothes and shoes. That's romantic.
One year for the holidays we were quite broke so we decided we would not buy gifts for each other, just for the kids. my husband came home late from work and walked in looking tired and defeated. He handed me a to go coffee cup with about a tablespoon of coffee in it. He had stopped at my favorite coffee stop and bought me a cup of coffee fixed just the way i like it. And then it tipped over in the car. He was ready to go buy me another one, but i said no, the fact that he had made the effort and knew just how i liked it, and thought of me was enough. I am a very lucky woman! I've almost lost him three times so i know better than to take him for granted. We kiss good bye whenever we separate and hello when we get back together. We cross feet at night as we sleep. Tomorrow, either one of us might not be here.

Last edited by nancia; 09-16-2013 at 01:15 AM.