Is facebook fun???

Old 03-14-2011, 01:43 PM

I only use it to keep up with my nieces & nephews across the country, and for my soap business - it's a nice way to keep customers aware of what's happening. Otherwise, I don't post much at all, or play any games.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:39 PM

Yes, I do enjoy facebook, but unfortunately I don't visit nearly as often since I found this board. It's fun to see what your grandkids are chatting to each other about. Also a good way to keep in touch with my siblings between visits/phone calls. ;)
Old 03-14-2011, 02:54 PM

I like it a lot. I keep track of my friends and family near and far. I make plans, send messages to friends, etc. One nice thing is that people receive email notification if you send them a message on Facebook, great for those times when I can't find or remember someone's email address so I can still get in touch with them.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:02 PM

I am a closet Farmville addict. I do like Facebook to catch up with friends and family. As soon as I'm done with this post, I'm gotta go harvest my crops!! LOL
Old 03-15-2011, 04:44 AM

I am on facebook - DH says too much information out on the internet, so I don't tell him about things I learn there. What I don't understand is being "friends" with half the population of your state. I have around 70 and don't send a friend request to everyone who pops up as someone facebook thinks I might want to be friends with. Such as a former manager from the company I retired from. The fact that he has current employees as friends on his facebook page seems to be beyond the boundaries of everything I learned in my management classes.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:04 AM

lol if you email me we can be neighbors! I usually just play 1 or 2 times a day and am on this site a lot more but both sites are my favs! Jean Larson
Old 03-15-2011, 08:49 AM

I signed up for facebook to keep in touch with old high school/college friends...but I'm kind of over it. I really don't care to know what someone I knew 25 years ago had for lunch! :-D
Old 03-15-2011, 09:06 AM

My personal oppinion is that it is just a big gossip center! If I want people to know what I'm doing I will talk or email them. I don't like the fact that just about anyone can see what your doing and know whey toooo much about you. also You know whey to much about others you don't even know them really. They are a friend of a friend of a friend??? Once you put it out there it is there for good!!!!!!!!!! Never to be taken back again. So don't post when your angry.... I want to live the simple life and only let special people into my life.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:59 AM

I have to use my FB my younger half sister in her 40's thinks if she keeps track of mom on there,she does not have to make phone calls. I was told this last Dec. when I read my mom was /had surgery. We did have it out that time. I feel totally inappropriate for me to find these things out since I never go on there. Now I have to check occassionally. Now My brother /Half had an ulcer on his foot and had 25 % of it amputated.
What's wrong with an email at these times?
They can send me jokes and other junk, why not the important stuff?
Old 03-15-2011, 10:01 AM

We live in 2 different states by the way.